- When we woke up on Sunday morning, there was 5″ of snow on the ground.
- The lake has absolutely no ice on it.
- As opposed to the Twin Cities, our snow is still here. There, most of it melted because the ground — and in particular, the streets and highways — are still warmish.
- Ah, but here, although we have snow, we do NOT have traffic.
- I have been working on our database of voters.
- I had a friend who wanted to help the county party but was spending all her time taking care of her grandson. So I had given her the task of marking as deceased any entries in the database that matched up with an obituary in the newspaper.
- She was happy to do that.
- Sadly, she died last December, presumably from COVID.
- Since then I have been saving all the weekly local newspapers.
- This weekend I started working on them.
- Besides marking all the deceased voters, I caught up on some of the local news.
- Smokey had laparoscopic surgery a week ago to remove some roughed-up cartilage in his left hip.
- Remembering what happened when he had a spinal for his first knee replacement
- 100 days Accounting afghan Alex Amanda Andrew Angel Animals Ankle broken Antler Lake Autumn Baby cables etc. Baby hats Baby stuff Big herringbone cowl Biking Blogroll Bloopers Blue hats Books Boxy BSJ Carbeth Chaika Charity Chartreuse Chiapas Christmas Citron Color affection Community Community knitting Contests Coronavirus Cowls Crochet Current Affairs Daybreak Da Yeep DNA scarf Dyeing Earworms Embroidery Eye candy Friday Fairfield sweater Family Fashion Favorite things Felting Fiber Monday Fingerless mitts FO Food and Drink Fotography Friday Friday letters. Friends Furry Friday Gardening Geekiness Good news Tuesdays. Gravity and The Kat Haruni hats Hip replacement Holidays Iceland Instagram Jeopardy! Jonesy Kimono sweater KIP Kitteh(s) K knees Knit one below knitting Knitting, double Knitting classes K shoulder Lace Learning Libraries Links LInks knitting Louise Lucy LWV Massachusetts Matthew Meme(s) memememe Mending Milady Minneapolis Miscellaneous Misha Mittens Monday questions Montana Motorcars Movies Multicolor striped topdown raglan Museum of Me Music Mutterings NaBloPoMo New Mexico New York City North Shore OccupyWallStreet Partners in Health Percy Photography Poetry Politics Politics, national Polk County politics Preemie caps PT quilting Quiz Racism Rants, various Ravelry Reading Religion Rural life Saturday sky Saturday stuff scarf Scarves Separated at birth? Ser Percy Shawls Silliness Smokey Smokey back Smokey knee Smokey VA Socks Sock yarn afghan South Africa Spring Squares Stories Summer Sunday stuff Sweaters Tales of The Kat Tappan Zee TBT teachers Technology and The Kat Television Ten on Tuesday Thankful Thursdays Thelma Things that make me say hmmm Three things Throwback Thursday Travel Uncategorized Unraveled Wednesdays Vacation Valentines Weather Web/Tech Weblogs What's going on Winter Wip Wednesday Wyoming Yarn YouTube Zero waste challenge Zuni
- 239,836 hits
Where I’ve been.
visited 8 states (3.55%)
Create your own visited map of The World
Where else I’ve been.
visited 48 states (96%)
Create your own visited map of The United States
I like waking up to see fresh snow on the ground. I also like waking up in the middle of the night, hearing the plows going by and the yellow hazard light flashing on the walls of my room. (The last was a childhood memory from northern Illinois, but I’m sure you can relate.
A year’s worth of weekly newspapers! That’s a lot to go through all at once.
Pingback: It’s Holy Week, aka deer hunting season, in Wisconsin. | kmkat & her kneedles