- I had a doctor appointment last week, mainly to get an rx renewed, but also to talk about my bad knees.
- Guess who needs a double knee replacement!?!?!
- When I got home from the appointment I was talking over the knee replacement news; we agreed that I should go to the same ortho — Dr. Comfort — who replaced Smokey’s knees a couple-few years ago.
- The phone rang during our conversation.
- It was Dr. Comfort returning Smoke’s earlier phone call.
- I laughed and told him we had just been talking about him.
- Smoke has been having pain in his left hip. Based on recent x-rays, the lining of his hip joint is roughed up.
- Dr. C can fix that in an outpatient appointment.
- No knees will be replaced until he is fully mobile again.
- Having medical issues in retirement is just like having a part-time job. Who knew?
- Our area is almost at peak leaf color.
- Driving anywhere is a visual treat.
- We are going on a short vacation to the North Shore soon. Looks like we will hit roughly the same status there.
- My computer refuses to boot yesterday. WTF?
- I am now compelled to use my old MacBook Air, circa
2014(?) 20182014.Yay, blog for looking up stuff in the past.
- This old one is definitely slower than my current one.
- Patience is a virtue, Kat™.
And now, the other stuff as promised…
I am considering buying a Kindle. I have the Kindle app on my iPad, but 1, the iPad is significantly heavier than a Kindle, and B, battery life of the Kindle is orders longer than the iPad. Those of you who have a Kindle, please sing out in the comments. Is the paperwhite worth the extra $? Are the ads bothersome? Does a case make it significantly heavier? Be sure to say which model you have. Thanks!