Kat asked how y’all could help the Native Americans during this pandemic. Here ya go:
- Navajo Relief Fund
- Official Navajo COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Native American Heritage Foundation
- Adopt an Elder Foundation
- First Nations Development Institute
- “Help the Zuni. Shop here. From Elder Son: “It is a hard time for our local artists with all the stores closed. If you would like to support them, check out this website from the local artists co-op. Maybe this would be a nice time to get yourself a little sculpture of a wolf or a bear or a turtle. Maybe the most common occupation here is ‘self-employed,’ and when I first got here and would ask self-employ ed people what they did in their self-employment, they would just look at me like I was an idiot because ‘self-employed’ here means carving jewelry and/or fetishes for sale to tourists and art galleries and such.”
The Minneapolis Police Department is losing contracts with local institutions that hired their officers for security. This means its officers are gonna lose money. So far, city’s park board, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the University of Minnesota, the Minneapolis Public Schools, Dorsey & Whitney (biggest law firm in the Twin Cities), First Avenue, the Walker Art Center, have all severed or suspended their contracts with the police department.
Ways you can help the Minneapolis community.
Yeah, that volcano…
You find interesting though provoking stuff. All the time!
I don’t want to think about the volcanos. *sigh* I live very close to one of California’s big faultines. I think it goes without saying that this year has me more than usually worried about that… 😒
Thank you so much for those links! 🙂