- There are three what appear to be yearling trumpeter swans cruising the open water on our lake.
- I don’t remember ever seeing trumpeters before.
- Also one Canada goose.
- Have seen way too many of those over the years.
- Far too early for the loons.
- Loons typically arrive the day after the ice is gone.
- Apparently loons send a scout ahead to confirm their reservations on our lake.
- Who knew?
- I was premature when I said last Saturday that I was recovered from the upper respiratory thing I had.
- Spent a good share of the past week in bed.
- Perhaps just lazy, but more likely taking longer to recover than previously thought.
- Definitely not covid-19, though.
- One case reported in Wisconsin, but it was in or near Madison, a four-plus-hour drive away.
- Elder Son, the family practice doc with a master’s degree in epidemiology, told us last week that we should plan to hunker down at home for a month or so if the coronavirus appears to have spread to our area.
- He was pre-echoing what the news media said later in the week.
- We are now the proud possessors of a six-week supply of toilet paper.
- Still need to acquire a few more bottles of generic Robussin.
- And cough lozenges.
- We have gone through quite of bit of those last two items in the past couple weeks.
- Hoping we can rely on Chewie.com for cat and dog food and litter.
- Smokey already has six (6!) bags of dog treats.
- Also hoping we can rely on Amazon Prime for any other necessities that we forgot to stockpile.
- What exactly are “pre-existing health conditions”?
- When one reaches our age, one is most certainly going to have “pre-existing health conditions”.
- Does high blood pressure count?
- How about high cholesterol?
- Type 2 diabetes? Stage 4 kidney disease? Eczema?
- No pulmonary problems, though.
- I think we are good for another month or two.
- Younger Son decided a few weeks ago to spend a long weekend in New York City just for fun.
- That is where he is this weekend.
- Sure hope he remembers to wash his hands.
- No way to avoid crowds in the Big Apple.
- I am not a worrier. Until I am.
- 100 days Accounting afghan Alex Amanda Andrew Angel Animals Ankle broken Antler Lake Autumn Baby cables etc. Baby hats Baby stuff Big herringbone cowl Biking Blogroll Bloopers Blue hats Books Boxy BSJ Carbeth Chaika Charity Chartreuse Chiapas Christmas Citron Color affection Community Community knitting Contests Coronavirus Cowls Crochet Current Affairs Daybreak Da Yeep DNA scarf Dyeing Embroidery Eye candy Friday Fairfield sweater Family Fashion Favorite things Felting Fiber Monday Fingerless mitts FO Food and Drink Fotography Friday Friday letters. Friends Furry Friday Gardening Geekiness Gravity and The Kat Haruni hats Hip replacement Holidays Iceland Instagram Jeopardy! Jonesy Kimono sweater KIP Kitteh(s) K knees Knit one below knitting Knitting, double Knitting classes K shoulder Lace Learning Libraries Links LInks knitting Louise Lucy LWV Massachusetts Matthew Meme(s) memememe Mending Milady Minneapolis Miscellaneous Misha Mittens Monday questions Montana Motorcars Movies Multicolor striped topdown raglan Museum of Me Music Mutterings NaBloPoMo New Mexico New York City North Shore OccupyWallStreet Partners in Health Percy Photography Politics Politics, national Polk County politics Preemie caps PT quilting Quiz Racism Rants, various Ravelry Reading Religion Rural life Saturday sky Saturday stuff scarf Scarves Separated at birth? Ser Percy Shawls Silliness Smokey Smokey back Smokey knee Smokey VA Socks Sock yarn afghan South Africa Spring Squares Stories Summer Sweaters Tales of The Kat Tappan Zee TBT Technology and The Kat Television Ten on Tuesday Thankful Thursdays Thelma Things that make me say hmmm Three things Throwback Thursday Travel Uncategorized Unraveled Wednesdays Vacation Valentines Weather Web/Tech Weblogs What's going on Winter Wip Wednesday Wyoming Yarn YouTube Zero waste challenge Zuni
- 205,447 hits
Where I’ve been.
visited 8 states (3.55%)
Create your own visited map of The World
Where else I’ve been.
visited 48 states (96%)
Create your own visited map of The United States