Unraveled Wednesday, 1/8/20

Joining Kat and friends for Unraveled Wednesday.

Knitting.

No photos this week because lazy. Just know that I am about one-third of the way through the second sock of the second pair for Elder Son’s GF and about half-way through the red hat for myself. Typing that, I realized that photos would be rather boring — not significantly different than last week.

Reading.

Hmm, fairly boring here, too. Still reading Chasing the Scream about the war on drugs in America. I started reading Manchild in the Promised Land, which I read many years ago, but found it heavy going this time. Shade by Pete Souza, the White House photographer during both the Reagan and Obama years, came home from the library with me. It is mainly a book of photos, but it — apropos of its title — throws shade at a certain orange cheeto in the White House. Half-way through that one.

Since the foregoing was entirely boring, I shall liven things up with a couple IGs.

Have a great week!

This entry was posted in Instagram, Unraveled Wednesdays. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Unraveled Wednesday, 1/8/20

1. Kat says:

Oh! Thank you for the reminder on Shade – I am off to see if my library has a copy! (and I am dying at the socks into tupperware lids)

I am still laughing about the socks/tupperware lids… Thanks for that! XO

I’m in the laughing-at-socks crowd, too – thanks!
    I just finished reading Carolyn Porter’s “Marcel’s Letters: A Font and the Search for One Man’s Fate”, which I recommend. Though it made me cry. Repeatedly.

4. readknit says:

I never made the connection between the two things, but that sock/tupperware lid relationship is real!

5. Jane Wolfe says:

Oh yes – socks in the dryer and tupperware lids. Maybe that is why I have so many wool socks to wash by hand. But wait – the tupperware keeps multiplying.

6. susieq says:

follow pete souza on instagram. his pics are great!