Three on Thursday.

3-on-thursday

Three things I didn’t get to in my 2019 quest to finish off my WIPs.

1. This Mira River Wrap using the Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud Lace on the right. I got as far as the beaded portion — a couple of inches at most — and stopped until I felt more confident about putting beads into my knitting. Hibernating since January 2016.

2. Snicket Socks: the pattern and my beginning. I will probably frog these, since I found the pattern to be a bit way too fiddly for me. Hibernating since ::gulp:: 2013.

3. .
    sock yarn afghan.JPG
    My sock yarn afghan. Before I got going again on this afghan that I showed you last week and before I became enchanted with the Chartreuse sweater, I had decided to knit a second quadrant for my sock yarn afghan. My plan was that each quadrant would feature a color; the first quadrant, above, was red. I decided to do the yellow quadrant next because I was curious as to just what colors I would end up using. After extracting all the yellow, oranges, brown, golds, and tans from the stash, I narrowed it down to the ones I would use… and then went looking for the first quadrant to refresh my memory as to exactly how many stitches I should cast on for each square. And I could not find that first quadrant. There are one or two other places that I haven’t looked yet; keep your fingers crossed. Hibernating since ::gulpx2:: 2013.

Go check out the other Three on Thursday posts over at Carole’s!

This entry was posted in knitting, Three things. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Three on Thursday.

1. Kat says:

I need to update my hibernating projects on Ravelry – I am pretty sure I have some that have been in hibernation much longer!

Oh, I remember that quadrant afghan! (Has it really been that long? Oh my…) Good luck with your hide and seek game! (Should there have been hyphens there?)

3. readknit says:

I do like your sock yarn afghan and hope you find it. We blame our next door neighbor in NJ for sneaking into our house and hiding things from us . Next time I see Larry I’ll ask where he’s hidden your afghan.

Oh boy. Good luck locating that quadrant!! That’ll be one great blanket… someday!

Hope you find your quadrant — it’s lovely! I only have one hibernating project (a blanket, of course). I suppose I might dig it out and finish it someday, but I’m not going to get too worked up over it. 🙂

6. LOVE that scarf! I have just the yarn and beads for it waiting in the stash pile. Your blanket will be beautiful! Love the idea of knitting it in color quadrants.

7. Nicole says:

I hope you find your sock yarn afghan quadrant! I looks like it will be a wonderful blanket when it’s done.

Also, I love knitting beads, so I hope you find your confidence for it. It always seems so satisfactory to me. 🙂

8. What are the white stitches on the sock afghan start?