We are in Zuni, New Mexico, to visit Elder Son and family. If you follow me on Instagram you have seen the photos from the 3-1/2 day drive to get here. A few highlights of my recent life:
- My car is very comfortable for a long trip. Maybe not as comfy as the mini-mini-motorhome, but still pleasant.
- Smokey inhaled something he was allergic to when we left our motel in Pueblo, CO. He sneezed all the way to Zuni, sometimes 10 or 12 times in a row. He went through three pocket-sized packets of tissues, poor baby. It got better once we got here.
- New Mexico is warm (=hot), sunny, and windy. When I was looking at some IG posts yesterday by someone back home, the sight of water! and green trees! was like a balm.
- New Mexico is also beautiful in its own way. Yesterday we toured the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest (actually, those are in Arizona). Gorgeous — what majestic scenery!
- After the sightseeing we ended up in Winslow at the Turquoise Room at La Posada Inn, where I had the Wild-Wild Platter, accompanied by a Kilt Lifter ale. The hotel was built in the 1920s by Fred Harvey. Check out the history and photos at the link above. It is a magnificent place.
- I have turned my hair slightly blue with this shampoo. I have used it the last two times I washed my hair; the first time I only applied it to the long lightish (not gray, no NOT gray) tress at the left side of my head, and it got very subtly blue. The second time I used the shampoo on all my hair — the effect is so subtle, so why not? Stay tuned — I might post a photo someday.
- I attended the state Dems convention the weekend before we left. Pulled a 5’x9′ trailer 300 miles across the state and back to acquire some BIG Tammy Baldwin signs for our county and the county north of us. There was a fair amount of knitting time at the convention during the speeches and a training session. Stay tuned — someday I will show you a photo of the Russell Street shawl I am knitting. It will be awhile…
- Being co-chair of the county Dems is a job that can expand to fill the time available. While on this trip I have neglected our website, but participated in two conference calls in the car on the road, scheduled people to walk in parades, and did a test Skype call in preparation for a gubernatorial candidate who will Skype into our June meeting. It’s fun! (she told herself)
- Keep checking back here — I will post again…someday.