Smokey update.

• He was discharged on Friday with a long list of follow-up appointments.
  • Feels fine, slightly better than when he went in.
  • Basic questions remaining to be answered: why prostate so enlarged, why hemoglobin so low. All other symptoms stemmed from those.
  • Complicating matters for me was the fact that Saturday night was to be the annual dinner for our county party, and as co-chair, I am heavily involved.
  • I had planned to spend Thursday doing all the last-minute stuff that couldn’t be done earlier, with Friday to clean up any loose ends.
  • That plan went out the window.
  • Friday became the day to do my stuff — finalize the PowerPoint to accompany the candidate speakers, figure out Mail Merge to print 100+ name badges, print sign-in sheets and miscellaneous signs, etc., etc.
  • It all got done by 1:30 Saturday, 10 minutes before I had to leave.
  • Dinner went off perfectly, in spite of last-minute changes in the speakers, mainly thanks to my army of volunteers.
  • The Skype call with a candidate (projected on the wall) worked, the video from our US senator worked, the PPoint worked.
  • When was the last time ALL the technology worked?
  • When I texted that to a friend a few minutes ago, she recommended that I buy a lottery ticket.
  • Today is reserved for Netflix and knitting,  perhaps accompanied by an adult beverage later in the day.
  • To top it off, the snow is melting!

IMG_1795

(Before you ask, that black square is a Post-It note stuck on the window to discourage a persistently determined bird last summer. It was pretty sure it could fly through my office and out the other side of the house.)

This entry was posted in Smokey VA, Spring, Winter. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Smokey update.

1. Kathleen Walsh says:

Happy Earth Day! Your efforts on behalf of the Earth seem to have come back to you as many blessings of everything working out smoothly. Well done!

2. Kat says:

I second the purchase of a lottery ticket! Or maybe Smokey should buy it! XO

Hurray for the dinner, hurray for the technological marvel, but most of all, hurray for Smokey coming home! May the followups be helpful and not scary!

4. Sparrowgrass says:

Ask a question, get an answer! Hope everything goes well.

5. pocodemchair says:

You and Kim did a great job organizing the dinner. Thank you!

Congratulations on all of it!

7. So glad he got discharged ! Happy event pull off. SOunds like you rocked it!! Hugs

8. Nicole says:

Yay! So happy the weekend got better for you and that everything seems to be doing better. Here’s hoping it all continues that way!

I’m so glad things lined up perfectly for you this weekend! Rare – but deserved. And here’s hoping for some answers for Smokey. (Because it’s never fun to wonder . . . when your health is what you’re wondering about.) XO

Yeah, definitely hoping for answers for Smokey!
    It’s crazy how the only snow left here is the piles from plowing. Last Wednesday, I parked my car about 7 feet away from the property fence (instead of the usual 2 feet) because of the GIANT MOUND OF SNOW. Today I went out to use my car and gosh, it sure looked like I abandoned it halfway to the middle of the parking lot, because the giant mound of snow was gone…