Guess what. We got some more snow.

P1010826

The view from my laundry room. The high winds blew much of the snow off the deck railing, which made it difficult to gauge how much snow we got. 15.8″ at the MSP airport, 23″+ in Green Bay. We are somewhere in between.

P1010828

Nice crop of icicles I have, don’t you think?

P1010830

Smokey brushed off [most of] my car on Monday and managed to get it up the driveway hill to his garage, thereby getting it out of the way for our plow guy. The car is a little too tall for easy clearing of the snow on its roof; the snow slides down onto the windshield and hood when I slow down for the turn or stop sign a couple miles from home. Happens every time.

P1010829

The wind did a good job of packing snow into my wheels, thereby inducing a shimmy that evidences itself at around 50 mph. I know when the snow has fallen out of the wheels when the shimmy disappears.

P1010831

This snow pile at the top of the driveway hill looks more impressive in person. It is taller than I am.

Forecast is for 50˚ by the weekend, 60s next week, maybe even some 70s. Flooding, anyone?

This entry was posted in Rural life, Winter. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Guess what. We got some more snow.

1. Kat says:

This has been one crazy spring! Errr, long winter?

2. Diane Nelson says:

Ugh!

At this point, it’s just doing it to be annoying…

4. =Tamar says:

Reminds me of my childhood in NH in the 1950s. We had some huge snow piles, and dug an igloo into one of them. Some years ago I found an extra long handled car window cleaner made for truckers; it was very helpful for shoving snow off the top of the car. Unfortunately it wore out and I’ve never found another.

5. Rhonda says:

As I saw on Facebook, today is the 96th of January.

6. I like Rhonda’s take on this. Oh my. I swear I won’t complain when it is hot out. I swear I wont. The sun is working its hardest right now and the birds are singing. So I will ignore the snow. Nearer the Illinois border we are lucky to have just a couple compacting inches and a bit more falling tomorrow. Knit knit knit therapy

7. Nicole says:

Oh, I’m so sorry. And snow getting packed into your wheels… one more thing that I never even considered as a potential problem since I’ve never lived in snow. I hope you don’t wash away when the snow melts!

15 inches of snow here. It IS nice to have banks of white snow instead of banks of frozen and refrozen gross crap. And I woke up ready to get out of the house! The alley is a bit . . . fucked up, but oh well. (I think they plow with small front-end loaders when it gets bad, so it’s a wide car’s width, dodging around vehicles that were parked behind houses. It’s a test!)

Ugh. I can’t even . . . I’m hoping for speedy melting. Because mid-April. Y’know???