- When driverless cars are perfected, we can all knit as we *drive*
- “ ‘Old Bill,’ dead in London, was a carrier pigeon. He carried messages during the first year of the big war from British army and air forces in France and Belgium back to London and lost a leg. Brought back to England by an invalid soldier, he enjoyed life for many years, and now has laudatory ‘obituary notices’ in English papers.“ ‘Old Bill’ flew back and forth in the big war and lost a leg without ever knowing why he was flying or why he had to lose that leg.”But ‘Old Bill’ was no more ignorant than a majority of the soldiers over whose heads he flew on errands that he did not understand.”— The Evening Review [East Liverpool, Ohio], June 21, 1934 via learnfunfacts.com
- I am occasionally overcome with an intense desire to be near an ocean or other very large body of water so I can hear the gull overhead. (Maybe I should instruct my sons that I want my nursing home to be in Maine.)
- Elder Son now lives in the desert southwest, roughly 250 miles from Mexico, but he called Wisconsin last week to get my enchilada recipe. Go figger.
- The sausage I used to make sauerkraut soup last week was labeled “smoked fresh sausage.” Isn’t that an oxymoron? Something is either smoked or it is fresh; it cannot be both.
- 100 days Accounting afghan Alex Amanda Andrew Angel Animals Ankle broken Antler Lake Autumn Baby cables etc. Baby hats Baby stuff Big herringbone cowl Biking Blogroll Bloopers Books Boxy Carbeth Chaika Charity Chartreuse Chiapas Christmas Citron Color affection Community Community knitting Contests Cowls Crochet Current Affairs Daybreak Da Yeep DNA scarf Dyeing Embroidery Eye candy Friday Fairfield sweater Family Fashion Favorite things Felting Fingerless mitts FO Food and Drink Fotography Friday Friday letters. Friends Gardening Geekiness Gravity and The Kat Haruni hats Hip replacement Holidays Iceland Instagram Jeopardy! Kimono sweater KIP Kitteh(s) Knit one below knitting Knitting, double Knitting classes K shoulder Lace Learning Libraries Links LInks knitting Louise Lucy LWV Massachusetts Matthew Meme(s) memememe Mending Milady Minneapolis Miscellaneous Misha Mittens Monday questions Montana Motorcars Movies Multicolor striped topdown raglan Music Mutterings NaBloPoMo New Mexico New York City North Shore OccupyWallStreet Partners in Health Percy Photography Politics Politics, national Polk County politics Preemie caps PT quilting Quiz Rants, various Ravelry Reading Religion Rural life Saturday sky scarf Scarves Separated at birth? Ser Percy Shawls Silliness Smokey Smokey back Smokey knee Smokey VA Socks Sock yarn afghan South Africa Spring Squares Stories Summer Sweaters Tales of The Kat Tappan Zee TBT Technology and The Kat Television Ten on Tuesday Thankful Thursdays Thelma Things that make me say hmmm Three things Throwback Thursday Travel Uncategorized Unraveled Wednesdays Vacation Valentines Weather Web/Tech Weblogs What's going on Winter Wip Wednesday Wyoming Yarn YouTube Zero waste challenge
- 101,835 hits
Where I’ve been.
visited 8 states (3.55%)
Create your own visited map of The World
Where else I’ve been.
visited 48 states (96%)
Create your own visited map of The United States