Three things I have finished recently:
- This hat for donation. I just felt like knitting a hat, so I did. Stranded colorwork is not my forte nor my pleasure, so I kept it to a minimum here. The hat is actually done, but I put it somewhere and cannot find it; it is not where it belongs, in the FO bin. Does that ever happen to you? Note to self: must clear up the mess of mending and yarn and clutter in the laundry/craft room. That should make the hat appear.
A third stump cover for my friend the amputee. I used worsted weight acrylic yarns so as to make it machine washable and dryable with a minimum of fuss. Some of the yarns are ones left from the library bike rack yarnbomb I did last year, and some were passed on to me by a friend who had gotten them from someone else. As much as we all love wool and natural fibers, sometimes acrylic is the best choice. Once again, this item is completely finished; I neglected to get a photo of the FO before I gave it to the recipient. Please notice the varicolored helical stripes. I’m getting really good at those (they are really, really simple).
- Fingerless gloves for QGD2. These have been done except for one thumb and weaving in the ends for over a month, but my thumb problems and a determined Finish.The.Afghan. put them in time-out.
Next up: create a chart for the intarsia design on the toque for QGD3 and dye the yarn for the design.