Hello, winter!

A week ago it was 70˚. On Wednesday it was windy here but not cold; on Lake Superior, 100 miles north, there were hurricane force winds and 25- to 30-foot waves. Thursday was calm and sunny. Friday, however; the air temp was 33˚ with 20 – 30mph winds.

Brrr!

IMG_1052

My office window. I guess I can take down the green Post-It that I put up last summer to deter a bird that was determined to fly into the house.

IMG_1047

The screens on the porch really held the snow. Both photos above are on windward side of the house. Why, yes, it WAS really windy on Friday.

IMG_1048

View from a window around the corner from the second window, above. Can you see the snowflakes in the air? It always surprises me how difficult it is to capture flying snow. It was actually snowing really, really hard; visibliity was about 100 yards.

IMG_1074.jpg

All that winter is making this particular knitting project v-e-r-y appealing!

This entry was posted in Antler Lake, Rural life, Winter. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Hello, winter!

We know it’s inevitable every year and yet it still catches us unprepared! Enjoy that blanket knitting.

2. Bridget says:

I love your photos! And that blanket is lovely.

3. AJ says:

That winter weather is the perfect excuse for that project:) Keep warm😀

I just got back home today after a month+ away, and I’m hoping the snow will hold off a while longer! I’m so not ready!
    Stay warm!

Perfect blanket! 🙂 (And I’m not quite ready for snow yet . . . ) (My garden is Not Ready for winter.)

6. Nicole says:

While I do love the idea of snow and a White Christmas, I am glad that I don’t have to deal with actual snow. 🙂 Living in California has its ups and downs, but no snow shoveling is one of the ups.