FFotD, etc.

IMG_1018

This foliage photo (local telco office) is unrelated to the following post.

It has become a tradition for us to spend a few days on the North Shore every year in mid-October to celebrate our wedding anniversary. (43 years!) And thus, again this year. we spent a few blissful and restful days in a log cabin.

IMG_0937.jpg

Smokey brought along a jigsaw puzzle.

IMG_0954.jpg

Never let it be said that I will boycott a puzzle just because it is not an image I might have chosen.

We stayed at Lamb’s Resort in one of the original cabins, probably from the 1920s.

IMG_0930.jpg

Find the dogs in the photo. They were helping me read on the porch.

I had forgotten my insulated coffee tumbler at home and lamented to Smokey that I would have to drink my coffee from a glass.

IMG_0960 2.jpg

“There are no cups here!” I whined. I had the best laugh of the year when he pointed out that there were, in fact, plenty of cups available.

IMG_0927.jpg

Weather was beautiful for two of the three days we were there.

This is a tradition I can really get behind. Until next year….

This entry was posted in North Shore. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to FFotD, etc.

That looks wonderful and like the kind of getaway Dale and I would enjoy as well. Happy Anniversary to you and Smokey!

Happy anniversary! Looks like a perfect way to celebrate!

3. Diane says:

Looks simply lovely!

4. Kat with a K says:

Happy Anniversary to you both! What a beautiful place to celebrate!

5. I love a cabin near a quiet lake. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Thanks for the relaxing photos

6. Nicole says:

Happy Anniversary! That looks like a lovely tradition. And I also love the FFotD. The red & green juxtaposition always makes me happy.

What a perfect get-away! Happy anniversary! XO

8. KSD says:

Oh, I love jigsaw puzzles! One of the things I was sure to bring back from my parents’ house were all my mother’s puzzles. Lots of memories there.

9. Victoria says:

That looks like a nice place! We stayed at a different resort not far from there a few years ago on our way to Grand Marais. So pretty up there…