Let’s do some bullets, ‘kay?
- I cooked my right hand in a heating pad on Wednesday night. Thursday morning, as I write this, that hand definitely feels better than the left. Heat FTW!
- Thank you all for your many suggestions on how to deal with the sore thumbs and absence of knitting! Although I suck at taking advice, I still appreciate it muchly.
- I plan to cook the other hand later today — Thursday — and try to lay off the knitting until sometime this weekend.
- Laying off the knitting is easier than it might be because I discovered that I can crochet without pain; fingering weight yarn and a 4.5mm/F hook with a big plastic handle and holding said hook in different ways so as not create a repetitive motion injury.
- The crochet project will be felted potholder. I swatched this particular Araucania yarn years ago and found that it felted beautifully, never mind that the label said superwash.
- There may be more felted potholders in my future. Just sayin’.
- On Monday I started to feel a scratch in my throat. By Wednesday I was in full-blown misery with a cold — coughing, sneezing, sniffling, congested, achy. Thursday was better. A friend said she had had this, too, and it lasted 2-1/2 weeks. Me? So far, so good. I seem to be improving.
- Three weeks ago Thelma The Kitten started sneezing and sniffling herself. Emergency trip to the vet and a shot of antibiotics and she was no longer acting sick, although she continues to sniffle and sneeze, albeit somewhat less than at first.
- I googled the symptoms of feline leukemia virus and was reassured that sniffling and sneezing were not listed.
- I googled “kitten sniffle sneezing” and found some bogus stuff about vitamins and cider vinegar. Mainly we are just waiting it out. Sniffle-sneezing symptoms are typically caused by a virus, and there is no cure for that but time.
- Louise The Kitten is thriving. She is the adventurous, active one. Thelma is more of a snugglebutton.
- Okay, time for another nap. Catch you on the flip side!
Sherman has had the sniffles too, but the vet says it is allergies. The golden rod is in full bloom here and Steve and Sherman are both miserable. Perhaps Thelma has allergies? And, crocheted potholders! Genius!
Crochet on! When your thumbs are a bit better, check out Tunisian crochet. It can make truly unique fabrics, including some that look like knitting, but I’m afraid that holding the hook is so similar to holding a knitting needle that it might be disruptive to your healing at the moment.
I hope both you and Thelma feel better soon!
I have to say, I think it’s adorable that your kitties nap in your sock basket. (If kitties napped in MY sock basket, I would think it a LOT less adorable. Yes, I see the hypocrisy here.) I’m glad your hand is feeling better, and I hope they keep improving! Have a great weekend. 🙂
Get your rest. I hate the bother of a cold virus. Its always 9 days for me. Three days coming, three days awful, three days improving. I’m a nut about hand cleaning. Feel better head and handss
Another nap? I love your life!