Three things.

Three

Three things I am NOT doing.

1. Knitting. This is really, really hard, but I know that letting those thumbs rest for awhile (weeks? months? ::sob::) is the best thing I can do for myself.
  2. Eating. Well, I am eating, but not as much nor as often as I used to. Kat and I signed up for Weight Watchers last spring, and I am having some success. Twelve pounds so far — it’s a really, really slow game. What helps me is that I am doing the online version and I find it kinda fun to log in my food every day. Nerdy, geeky, sure, but it’s working. It took me four or five months to adjust my portion size (I’m a slow learner), but so far, so good.
  3. Traveling. Having covered a lot of miles in the past six weeks, I am happily staying at home as much as possible. Smokey is planning to visit his brother in Chicago sometime soon, and I turned down the opportunity to come along. (It helped that I had seen Brother a few weeks ago at the tail end of my long road trip, plus the thought of all those hours in the car without being able to knit sounded like torture.)
This entry was posted in Three things. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Three things.

1. ninlouise says:

Could your poor thumbs handle a little needle? One of my friends makes profane cross-stitched samplers. I keep trying to imagine what I would do ‘instead’. I stall out. I’ve previously liked assembling little plastic model airplanes… tiny spitfires, etc. Maybe you could paint small civil war figures or doll house things. My granddaughters had ‘Sylvanians’ which are little critters that were ultra cute and fun to make accessories for. “Cottage Critters” here.. N-gauge railroading can be distracting and CREATIVE, too. I am so sorry that you have been caught like this. Small gauge yarn preferences has delayed the inevitable for me, I think. :((

2. Kat with a K says:

BRAVO to you on your loss! That is wonderful!! And, sometimes staying home is the best thing to do while you rest your thumbs (no knitting is enough torture for any person to handle!)

My youngest daughter has taken up needle-felting to replace knitting, (which was aggravating her wrist problems) – still wool related, and she finds the stabbing very therapeutic. It might serve as a distraction while your thumbs heal?

Oh – I hadn’t even considered the idea of a road trip without knitting! The horror! Glad you are staying home. That’s awesome on the weight loss. I really believe portion control is key. I haven’t figured out how to do that yet but I still believe in it!

5. Nicole says:

I hope the non-knitting doesn’t last very long! Car trips with nothing to do can be torture. 😦

Portion control is a bitch.