Foliage photo of the day & art.

IMG_0809.JPG

The occasional pop of color is made even more vivid by the surrounding greens.

On my way west out of Massachusetts I stopped in North Adams at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art to see an exhibit I had glimpsed on Instagram.

IMG_0678.jpg

The image above, left, was an exhibit. The image above right was a temporary structure to protect museum-goers from construction debris. The irony, it burns.

There was an exhibit of wall paintings. I want to make a sweater [someday] using the color scheme on the right. Red is my favorite color.

And now, the exhibit I came for.

IMG_0709

Here are the beaded hangings barely visible at the far end of the room in the previous video:

It was magical. Yes, the occasional dangling thingy had the silhouette of a gun. Why, you ask? Ask the artist, I say.

IMG_0722

Even the outside of the museum was interesting. There were several of these upside-down trees.

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

I felt right at home in Massachusetts.

This entry was posted in Antler Lake, Autumn, Travel. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Foliage photo of the day & art.

1. Kat with a K says:

Oh wow, that exhibit looks spectacular!

2. Diane says:

Beautiful

I admit I had a cattish reaction to seeing the dangly bits – oh, how I would love to bat at them…

4. zeneedle says:

I’m trying to decide how hard it would be to replicate a bit of the Nick Cave exhibit in a corner of my office. I could stare at it all day instead of working.

I ADORE Nick Cave!!! He was a resident artist last year (??? maybe more than that???) in Detroit at Cranbrook. Oh, man. His stuff is SO COOL!!! What a treat.

6. Im already against the next war too. Love those bumper stickers

I’ve never been to Mass MoCA and I’m clearly going to need to fix that!

8. Nicole says:

Neat stuff! The pop of fall color among the green was a great way to set the tone for this visual feast.