The odometer on my car reads 5,600 miles more than it did four weeks ago, and I drove over 5,000 of those miles myself.
How did that happen, you ask?
- Round trip to Makanda IL to view the eclipse.
- Two round trips nearly to Wausau.
- Drive QGD1 to school in Boston.
- Visit knitbloggers in Massachusetts (Hi, Carole! Hi, Dale!!), New York state (Hi, Adrienne and Gayle!), Pennsylvania (Hi, Becky and Kat!), and Michigan (Hi, Kym!)
- Visit Smokey’s brother in Illinois on the way home (Hi, Bob!)
[spend 40 hours at home]
- Attend the 50th reunion of the class with whom I attended grades K-9 (hi, Barb, Karen, Carol, Janet, Mary, Les, Darwin, Jeff, James, Dean, et al!).
And just because I love to drive* there will be two more round trips to Wausau later this week and another 50th reunion, this time in northern MN with my actual h.s. graduation class. All of this has been great fun (see the parenthetical greetings above) and has given me much blog fodder, not to mention fun.
Did I mention that the past month has been a lot of fun?
Okay, from the beginning. (This is going to take multiple posts. Please bear with me.)
Camnesia was in evidence on the voyage east. Those were the only photos from the eastward section of the trip. I did a bit better as the trip went on.
* I do like to drive, but this month was a bit more than perhaps even I like.