* Best news of the weekend
is was… I worked in our local party tent at the county fair as I do every year. We got more traffic through the tent this year, I think. People are engaged.
* Do you remember Mexican jumping beans? I remember hearing about them, but I never had any.
* Does knitting a shawl sometimes feel like knitting a blanket? Yes, always!
* Have you ever gone under a tipped canoe and had a chat? Nope.
* Did you know horses like to eat peppermints? The list of things I don’t know about horses is very, very long; this one is #17.
* The last thing I was tempted to purchase, but didn’t… Yarn, of course, nearly every time I get an email from Webs or Knit Picks. I have been able to resist for many months.
* Are the new school supplies out yet by you? How does that make you feel? Yes, they are out now. It always makes me feel like I should buy some and drop them off at the school. I live in a poverty area.
* Give me a detail…any tiny detail of summer. When I opened the door to let the dogs out yesterday morning I could smell the hanging basket of petunias on the deck. Smells of summer!
*You are getting a box of yarn in the mail two skeins ….what color/(s) do you want it to be? Two skeins of different whitish worsted; I am running out of those for my afghan (and since the consensus of my commenters the other day was that I need to make it another 10″ longer, I really need that yarn.)
* Have you gone so far as to unbuckle your seatbelt and search for a lost hook or needle during a car ride? (you are the passenger of course) Of course I have, although since I always knit on circs it is usually a stitch marker or tapestry needle or scissors or ball of yarn that I dropped.