Gravity. Again.

The day Smokey had his surgery was a long one. We had to get up at 5am in order to get to the hospital in St Paul on time, then I stayed at the hospital all day until he was installed in his room after the surgery and recovery. Later I had dinner with Younger Son before driving back to Wisconsin.

I attribute my tripping that night over the dogs’ water dish — which has been in the same place for at least ten years — to being overtired. I caught my toe on it, stumbled forward to *attack* the table next to my knitting chair, then *attacked* the chair itself. Too tired to clean up the mess, I left it until the next day… which meant I could photograph the scene and share it with youse guys.

p1010165-1

Every one of my knitting tools — stitch markers, row counters, scissors, the whole lot — spilled. And then I knocked over my rocking chair.

p1010166

All was not lost, though. This is exactly how my glass of wine landed.

All’s well that ends well.

This entry was posted in Bloopers, Smokey knee. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Gravity. Again.

Oh, my! So glad you’re okay . . . and good thing you didn’t also need to contend with red wine spilled everywhere!

2. ninlouise says:

I’m so glad you survived in such a stylish way! {Did ‘Alexa’ have any smart-ass comments?}

3. Diane Nelson says:

Good grief – glad you are still in one piece!

4. I am so glad the Wine Gods were present! Although, where were the Knitting Gods? I am glad you were okay! XO

Considering some of your falls, this one was quite mild. No broken bones? Total win!

6. =Tamar says:

Whew. That was a…wonderful recovery from a potential disaster. Rest those jolted muscles! (Nice that the wine didn’t spill on the yarn.)

7. Ruth says:

Well done! Your priorities are intact.

8. Ruth says:

Also, best to Smokey. Heal, my friend!

9. Oh boy. Caring for the caregiver rule #1. So happy you are okay. ! And wine, yes, glad it was saved