- Smokey and I attended a Christmas pot luck and white elephant exchange last week.
- This is an annual event for my book group.
- Last year I fought to get and retain a cute small platter shaped and painted like a rooster.
- It sat, neglected and unused, in my cabinet for a year.
- Clearly, this was a white elephant that needed a new home.
- Once again, it was fought over during the *stealing* portion of the exchange.
- Mary, who finally retained it when the timer dinged, was told she can have it for a year, but it must return to the exchange next December.
- I may have started a tradition!
- In case you are wondering, I came home with a 500-piece teddy bear jigsaw puzzle which I am quite happy with.
- Smokey, he of the absolutely-never-cold-feet, came home with a pair of battery-powered, heated socks. Goodwill, here they come…
This entry was posted in Christmas
. Bookmark the permalink