As usual I am unable to follow the rules properly; in this case, restraining myself to five items per list.
Five Twelve Things I Did This Summer.
- Adopted a new dog.
- Donated double red cells (and was woozy the rest of the day).
- Changed cell phone providers (yay, Consumer Cellular!)
- Read 14 books, listened to 6 audiobooks, and gave up on 3 books.
- Cashiered at Friends of the Library book sale.
- Yarnbombed the bike rack in front of the library (not blogged yet).
- Drove or rode in my candidate’s car in eight parades.
- Knit a rather stupendous scarf/wrap for his silent auction in a couple weeks (deets in another post).
- Ran a tremendously successful fundraising garage sale.
- Ran the Twitter account for my county party.
- Had two letters to the editor published.
- Filed 2 financial reports with the state ethics commission for my candidate (I’m his treasurer).
Five Ten Things I Am Looking Forward To.
- Helping run a fundraising event on Thursday (and having it done!).
- Going to Chicago next weekend for Smokey’s 50th high school reunion. Also, visiting his brother there.
- Cool weather and the opportunity to wear the handknits.
- The election being over (duh).
- Filing 3 more financial reports for my candidate.
- Being able to fritter away time without feeling like I should be [see first list].
- Finish the library bike rack yarnbomb (the original bomb covered 7/8 of the rack).
- Knitting myself a turquoise-ish hat and scarf (or cowl) to coordinate with a pair of fingerless gloves.
- Working on one or more of the four (!) afghans currently in process.
- Finishing a couple UFOs (maybe).