Let’s do bullet points, m’kay?
- My computer that died two weeks ago came back to life.
- Sort of.
- Last Sunday it was turned on — don’t ask me why it was on, cuz I have no idea — but the monitor was blank white. I bumped something, maybe the mouse, and it came to life as though it were a perfectly normal, functioning computer.
- It has been working, more or less, all week.
- For a few days the mouse would stop working for no apparent reason*. Right now the mouse is working fine but there is no sound. That sound failure happened right in the middle of a YouTube video of Kevin Smith, aka Silent Bob, talking about how he made a documentary for Prince and how strange Prince was.
- Please consider the implications of that last phrase. Kevin Smith characterizing someone else as strange.
- Okay, right now my keyboard puts in a row of spaces whenever I stop typing for a minute.
- On the happy side, the new Mac Mini arrived earlier this week.
- Younger Son is coming tomorrow to pick up Ser Percival The Energetic and to install the new Mini.
- He can do that install in an hour or two.
- It would take me days. Maybe weeks, to get everything working.
- Monday night is the Paul McCartney concert.
- We had planned to drive to Sioux Falls today and spend the weekend hanging out with Elder Son.
- ES called earlier to week to say he had forgotten that all the residents are going on a retreat this weekend.
- So we will drive out Sunday instead.
- A trip to Sioux Falls means 6 hours of car knitting time each way, plus the actual time in SF.
And now, here is a gratuitous picture of some bunnies we saw at the mechanic’s garage a couple weeks ago.
Have a great weekend!
* Then it worked but wouldn’t scroll, so I had to always click on the scroll bar on the screen. Today its scroll function started working again. The excitement never stops…