Today Carole has us thinking about those books that made us want to drop everything and read. My books like that tend to be mysteries — well-written ones that pull me in. Here goes…
Ten Books That Made Me Want To Drop Everything And Read.
- Any of John Sanford’s Lucas Davenport books.
- Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. I listened to these on audio (years before the HBO series), and I was always looking for an excuse to put in the earbuds.
- Anything by Tana French: In the Woods, The Likeness, Faithful Place, Broken Harbor, the Secret Place.
- Pretty much anything by Stephen King.
- Ditto Jeffrey Deaver.
- Val McDermid’s Tony Hill and Carol Jordan series.
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. Not a thriller, per se, but engrossing.
That is far more than ten, so I will quit now.