I saw this photo on Madame Dafarge Knits or some other knitting Tumblr and was struck by how easy it looked to reverse engineer. The photo has been sitting on my desktop for a couple weeks while I worked on other things. Every so often I would open it and look at the slipped stitches and think, I can figure that out. I have several balls of Valley Yarns Superwash DK left over from other projects that would work for it.
Last night I finished the pair of socks I was working on and decided to attempt this cowl. I tried to chart the slipstitch pattern; bust. I knew my gauge with this yarn, but had to guess how many stitches to cast on. Finally I had the brilliant idea to check Ravelry for cowls made with DK yarn to see how many stitches they had. Lo and behold, I found the actual pattern! And it is free!