FO Friday Sunday.

IMG_1652  Fingerless pink pink  Fingerless pink purple

Three Four more pairs of fingerless gloves for the library's sale booth next summer. All are fingering weight yarn, double stranded, 40 st, and the first three are 3×1 rib.

Pair The First: Knit Picks Felici in Mountain Stream and Knit Picks Stroll bare; US#6 or 7, don't remember.

Pair The Second: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Merino, color 2103, and Universal Pace sock yarn, 6402 pink; US#7.

Pair The Third: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Merino, color 2103 again, and Knit Picks Stroll, in African Violet; US#6.

The ones on US#6 needles are a little too snug on my smallish hands; the ones on US#7 are just right.

P1000031
Pair The Fourth: notice the clever cabling at the top?

P1000032
How about now?

Pattern: Owlings.
Yarn: Two strands of fingering weight Lang sock yarn, one pale tan and the other slightly darker; eyes are one strand of black Knit Picks Stroll fingering weight.
Needles: Knit Picks Options US#7.

Making those eyes was a lot harder than I expected. First, I tried French knots; no go. They were either too small and disappeared into the knitting or they were too big and out of proportion. Then I tried embroidering them; the owls were suddenly east Asian. My friend Colleen was here getting help with the toddler sweater she is knitting for her grandson; she told me to make little Xs. And she was right.

* * * * *

IMG_1646 And… it's another pair of double-thick socks for me. These knit up so quickly I cannot stop making them. I think I may double my sock wardrobe with these.

Pattern: Wendy's Generic Toe-up Sock, worked on 48 st.

Yarn: Trekking Pro Natura in color 1508, a navy heather, double-stranded with a navy and gray twist yarn that I got when I asked for sock yarn leftovers for that sock yarn afghan I started. There was enough of that yarn that, even after using most of it for these socks, I can still make the requisite number of squares. That afghan is calling to me

Needles: US#2.5 for the feet and first 1" of the leg, US#4 for the rest.

This entry was posted in Fingerless mitts, FO, Socks. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to FO Friday Sunday.

More great fingerless gloves! We still need them here, unfortunately.

2. Bonny says:

I may need to come to your library’s sale; I love every single pair of your fingerless gloves!

The gloves (and socks) are all beautiful! If people don’t snatch up those lovelies at the library sale, then there’s something clearly wrong in your county…

4. kathy b says:

You will be all set for the sale! I LOVE all your fingerless. Im may be knitting some boot toppers as a donation to the animal shelter

I love watching you play with colors. And I like the idea of knitting things to sell, because you get to work with colors and styles that don’t suit your own particular style. However, I think those owlet mitts are too cute to let go.

6. Michele says:

I’ve been curious about your double knit socks, which sound quite cosy. Do you hold the yarn double throughout the sock? I feel like I’m missing something because you note they’re worked on 48 stitches and that seems so small. Also(and you may have said this elsewhere), do you knit them toe up or cuff down? And also again, your knitting output inspires me!