It was 20 40 years ago today!

(Listen to it twice. PRESTO! 40 years.)

Wedding

So we celebrated. I got out our wedding album, and we and Younger Son looked at the pictures of the day. Then we listened to Billy Idol singing White Wedding while we ate our pancakes and bacon.

In the 20 seconds it took me to get the wedding album, Ser Percy found my yarn.

IMG_1028
That's most of two skeins of Shibui Silk Cloud; 60/40 mohair/silk.
 Have you ever untangled Kid Silk Haze? This is the same, only silkier.

I am making a Multigrain scarf* as a Christmas present for Elder Son's next-door neighbor, who has been such a good friend and helper and welcomer to him in Sioux Falls. (I almost said "elderly neighbor", but then I remembered that she is only a couple years older than I. Oops.)

We cover the entire spectrum of music.

* I just rechecked the pattern. I think I may have only gotten 2 skeins of Pebble instead of 4 as required. Another order going in. Damn

This entry was posted in Music, Scarves, Ser Percy, Smokey, Yarn, YouTube. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to It was 20 40 years ago today!

1. Bonny says:

Congratulations and may you both enjoy many more happy and healthy years together! Your wedding photo is stunning, but I had to scroll quickly past the very sad Silk Cloud photo. It made me feel a bit faint!

Congratulations! You haven’t changed a bit, mostly. What is Smokey wearing in his lapel?
    That is a beautiful scarf, or will be. Ser Percy was only trying to help, I’m sure.

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing that photo, what great memories you must have of the past 40 years!

4. Jocelyn says:

Well, you and Smokey did it (and are continuing to do it). What a wonderful fact of your life, that you met someone when you were *cough cough* a mere, um, 6 years old, married him, and have made it last. Congrats!

5. Big Alice says:

Congratulations! I love your wedding picture. 🙂

Happy Anniversary!!

Happy anniversary! LOL, the strikeout doesn’t come through a feed, so in feedly it looked like 2040 years…