My breakfast choices have narrowed considerably since I went gluten-free, so I am going to cover both old and current choices.
Ten Favorite Things To Eat For Breakfast.
- (now, winter) Oatmeal with apple chunks. 1/2 cup regular oatmeal, 1 cup water, 2 rounded teaspoons of cinnamon sugar (I mix it up and keep a jar in the cupboard), dash of salt. Nuke for 2 minutes on High. Meanwhile, peel, core, and cut up an apple into bite-size chunks. Add to oatmeal when the microwave dings; nuke for another minute.
- (now, summer) Same as above but substitute fresh blueberries for the apple. I adore blueberries, especially when they are in something cooked or baked.
- (now) Udi's GF granola.
- (now) Pancakes made with GF Bisquick, topped with butter and real maple syrup. Peppered bacon on the side. This has become a Sunday tradition in the past month or so.
- (now) If we go out for breakfast, an omelet with everything — sauteed vegies, cheese, diced ham. Or corned beef hash topped with an egg, over easy.
- (recent past) I used to buy a banana on the way to the office every morning. That kept me going until lunchtime.
- (before gf) Toasted bagel with cream cheese. Probably topped with cinnamon sugar.
- (before gf) Toasted English muffin with lemon curd.
- (before gf) Largish wheat tortilla spread thinly with peanut butter, a banana sliced lengthwise in the center, then rolled up. Yum!
- (before gf) Same as previous but spread with peanut butter and jelly.
Frankly, I have to force myself to eat breakfast and I don't do it every day. I do have a large 4-short latte and a glass of Simply Juice oj every morning, though. And now, please excuse me. I just remembered Smokey bought me some fresh blueberries. I need to make some oatmeal STAT!