But first, some mumblings left over from Sunday.
- Blood :: test.
- Obvious :: Mr.
- Leadership :: classes.
- Vest :: knitted!
- Praising :: the Lord!
- Chair :: sit down.
- Think :: carefully.
- Carpet :: cleaner.
- Without :: a doubt.
- Politics :: is everywhere.
* * * * *
Our part of the country has largely been spared the excrutiatingly high temps and humidity that the East and West have suffered. But anything above 80˚ is considered hot here, so I feel competent to participate in this weeks Ten on Tuesday. Here is my list, in the order in which I
Ten Ways To Beat The Heat.
- Go to the movies or to a mall. I used to do that when I lived in an upstairs apartment without a/c in the inner city.
- Turn on the sprinkler and run through it. This is from when the kids were young.
- It you are just a little bit hot, sit on the dock and dangle your feet in the water.
- If you are dying from the heat, jump in the lake.
- To continue the cool comfort of the water, float on an air mattress in the lake.
- After your swim, enjoy a tall cold beverage.
- Later, drive to DQ for a large malt. They always make me cold enough to shiver.
- Enjoy a root beer float. Like the one Smokey just handed me.Those were things to cool off back in the day. Now we have central air, which Smokey kinda likes to keep at January temps. He is hot-blooded, that one.
- Go in the bedroom, which has the advantage of both the central a/c AND a window unit or go downstairs. It’s always at least 10 degrees cooler down there.
- Actually, go anywhere in the house. Central a/c makes heat easy to bear.