I have a new hobby: peeling the dead skin off my hands.
Wait. Could that be…? Yes! It's a map of Europe (after global warming and a few random massive earthquakes)!
In case you are wondering, I checked and yes, my feet — at least the big toe on my left foot — are peeling, too.
A further update on the hip replacement recovery:
- No pain meds at all for over a week.
- Except for Vistaril, which is, in addition to being a pain-med-booster, an antihistamine that works for hives. Without it I cannot sleep for the itching.
- Walking pretty much normally, albeit at a slower pace than I would if I didn't have…
- A little pain in the hip when walking.
- Able to sleep on either side 🙂
- Finished the Coumadin/warfarin/rat poison/anti-clotting drug regimen a week ago.
- This is significant because it means I can now have a glass of wine or a beer 🙂
- Energy level improving; no longer need a nap nor to lie down after the smallest task.
- Sometimes have to sit down for a bit after activity, though.
- Reminding myself that I need to start walking outside for exercise and to build stamina. Have only done it twice in the last week. Maybe I need some gold stars to paste on my calendar every day I walk…