Ten on Tuesday, the solitary edition.

I love to be left home alone. It long ago became a joke in our family that Smokey would ask, upon returning home from, say, his Naval Reserve weekend, "Did you miss me?" and I would just snort. Once, when he returned from his two-week reserve active duty and asked that standard question, I replied, "Well, I was starting to."

Such are the solitary coping skills of the adult only child who was raised in the country by wolves with no close neighbors.

So when Carole asked us to list our ten favorite things to do when alone, I thought, Oh boy, just my topic! Then I discovered I am an extremely boring person who has a limited number of activities. I adore the activities, there just are not many of them.

Ten Things I Like To Do When Alone.
Ten on Tuesday

1. Knit.
  2. Read,
  3. Watch something good on Netflix that he would not be interested in, whilst knitting in my comfy chair. (In the past this one would have been to check the video store for a movie I had been dying to see.)
  4. Listen to audio books whilst knitting in my comfy chair.
  5. Bake. This is something I used to do in the dim dark past.
  6. (summer only) Turn off the air conditioning, open the windows, and enjoy the loon calls.
  7. Get drunk and dance naked on the deck.

Like I said, a limited number of activities, but I adore each one.

This entry was posted in Ten on Tuesday. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ten on Tuesday, the solitary edition.

You know, I understand about the limited activities. Although, I don’t think limited is the right word – you know what you like and then you do it! No point seeking out new activities!

Perfect! Absolutely my kind of list. (Well. Without the baking.) And I’m not even an only child. And I was raised in suburbia. With lots of nosey neighbors. Not by wolves . . . but by introverts!

Add spinning to your list, and you’d have my list…

4. Betsy says:

Yep…only child here…funny how many of us enjoy being with ourselves, isn’t it? And many of our activities take up long stretches of time so there don’t need to be many of them to fill the hours in a day and make us smile contentedly…

5. Mary Lou says:

I come from a big family and I love being home alone, it was such a rare occurrence in my growing up years.

6. JulieH says:

Add a heaping plate of linguini with white clam sauce to the list and we could be twins.

7. Silvernfire says:

You must be writing these blog posts at some point. Would that be activity 8 7?