I love to be left home alone. It long ago became a joke in our family that Smokey would ask, upon returning home from, say, his Naval Reserve weekend, "Did you miss me?" and I would just snort. Once, when he returned from his two-week reserve active duty and asked that standard question, I replied, "Well, I was starting to."
Such are the solitary coping skills of the adult only child who was raised in the country by wolves with no close neighbors.
So when Carole asked us to list our ten favorite things to do when alone, I thought, Oh boy, just my topic! Then I discovered I am an extremely boring person who has a limited number of activities. I adore the activities, there just are not many of them.
- Watch something good on Netflix that he would not be interested in, whilst knitting in my comfy chair. (In the past this one would have been to check the video store for a movie I had been dying to see.)
- Listen to audio books whilst knitting in my comfy chair.
- Bake. This is something I used to do in the dim dark past.
- (summer only) Turn off the air conditioning, open the windows, and enjoy the loon calls.
- Get drunk and dance naked on the deck.
Like I said, a limited number of activities, but I adore each one.