Ten Things I Am Looking Forward To In May
- A new hip on May 6. NOT my x-ray.
photo credit: okadots via photopin cc
- The reddish haze in the branches that means the swamp maples are in bloom.
- Green trees. Also, seeing evidence that the resident bears are awake.
- Seeing the little perennial garden I planted outside our front door last August and September. My goal was to disguise the septic tank cover and vent pipe and electrical connection. Obviously.
- Seeing how many of the plants survived the winter. The hardy geraniums are lookin' good!*
- Going for a pontoon boat ride on the lake.
- Knitting on the deck with my friends.
- Eating dinner on the porch every night.
- The return of birds.
- The return of pick-the-ticks-off-the-animals. Not everything about May is delightful…
* I could swear that when looked two hours ago, these plants were not showing. Stuff has to grow FAST in the north.