Drive-by bullet post.

• April 15 was over a week ago.
  • Whew.
  • I skipped the annual 4/15 party and drove straight back to my bed in WI.
  • Pretty much did not get out of said bed until Sunday.
  • Late Sunday.
  • Saturday was the first day I managed to stay awake all day, hence, the getting up on Sunday.
  • Feeling good now.
  • Except for the piles of snow that surround the house.
  • I think spring may have taken a pass on us this year.
  • Smokey reminds me that there was a blizzard on April 22, 1974. He remembers it because he was snowed in at a friend's apartment, and I gave him hell the next morning for not coming home the night before.
  • Apparently I give him hell so seldom that when I do, he remembers it for 39 years.
  • Such is the secret of a happy marriage.
  • Hoping that we have seen the last and final blizzard of winter, 2012-13.
  • That would have been Monday night, when I was driving home from a meeting 20+ miles away from home.
  • 40mph all the way home, except when I slowed down because 40mph felt way too fast.
  • Very little knitting took place during tax season.
  • What did occur happened at Knit Night Orphans, who meet every Friday night at a Starbucks in St Paul.
  • That little gathering is the high point of my week during tax season.
  • This coming weekend is Yarnover!
  • There is a dinner Friday night with all the instructors; keynote speaker is… the Yarn Harlot.
  • I shall be there with my handknit socks and shawl, happily hobnobbing with other knitters and knitgroupies.
  • I don't remember which two classes I signed up for on Saturday.
  • Must look that up.
  • Somewhere.
  • Remember that hip surgery I was gonna have in December January April?
  • Surgeon rescheduled it for May 6.
  • The good thing is that that means I won't be limping around Yarnover completely ibuprofen-less.
  • Have to lay off the ibuprofen for 7-10 days before surgery.
  • Bad thing is another week of limping and pain.
  • Could be worse.
  • No need to remind y'all how; you have watched the news in the past week, too.
  • Time to get back to work.
This entry was posted in Accounting, Hip replacement, knitting, Winter. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Drive-by bullet post.

1. Erika says:

I was wondering what the sitch was with your hip surgery, now that Tax Day has passed. You’re almost there!

Counting down to surgery!! Glad you’ll be able to take ibuprofen for Yarnover.
    I remember getting a foot of snow overnight in the second week of May (in Rochester) – my brother’s car got towed. The next day it was 70 – little kids were out playing in the snow in boots and shorts and mittens…

I’ve been thinking of you . . . and wondering how you were doing now that tax season is over for another year! Glad to hear you’re relaxing and knitting and, well . . . getting back to Real Life. Enjoy Yarnover! Sounds like such fun.

Have a great time at YARNOVER!!

5. Big Alice says:

Ouch. I was thinking about you and wondering if you’d had the surgery and were just lying low now. Hope you have a lovely time at Yarnover! I am envious of that and your knit nights.

6. soxanne says:

Seems like tax season was so short. For me. Like I hardly saw you at KNO at all!
    See you tomorrow night!

Have a great time at Yarnover! And be sure to stock up on yarn – you wouldn’t want to run short while you’re recuperating…

8. Julia G says:

Best wishes for your surgery and for a speedy recovery!