Ten on Tuesday: the Alfred Hitchcock edition.

Ten Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Movies.

AH

1. The Birds. I saw this when it first came out in theaters and had nightmares that night. This is the only movie that has ever given me nightmares.

AH birds

2. North by Northwest. Cary Grant = good, James Mason = evil. The crop-duster scene, the nighttime pursuit across Mt. Rushmore. A classic.

AH NxNW

3. Rear Window.

AH rear window

4. Psycho. Of course.

AH psycho

5. To Catch a Thief. I read the book, too. Anything about a cat burglar fascinates me.

6. Vertigo.

AH vertifo

7. Strangers on a Train. Did you know that was based on a novel by Patricia Highsmith?

AH strangers

8. The Man Who Knew Too Much, 1956 version.

Not movies, but Alfred Hitchcock productions that stick in my memory 50+ years later...

9. The TV episode with the serial killer disguised as the other nurse.

10. The TV episode where the wife kills her husband with a frozen leg of lamb, then puts it in the oven and cooks it while the police are investigating.

photo credit: Stewf via photopin cc
photo credit: mark sebastian via photopin cc
photo credit: Chris Devers via photopin cc
photo credit: Steve Rhodes via photopin cc
photo credit: *Kicki* via photopin cc
photo credit: thefoxling via photopin cc
photo credit: born1945 via photopin cc

This entry was posted in Movies, Ten on Tuesday. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ten on Tuesday: the Alfred Hitchcock edition.

I love your list and that TV episode with the leg of lamb is also a favorite!

Oh, The Birds gave me nightmares for a very long time! I was terrified! I remember the nurse episode, and the leg of lamb, too! (I used to love the opening credits of the TV show . . . when Alfred Hitchcock stepped into his profile!)

3. Soxanne says:

Love Hitchcock.
    Almodovar took that leg of lamb and made it hilarious in “Que he hecho yo para merecer esto.”
    Also, when I go to Rapid City for work I stay at the Alex Johnson, which is where the cast and maybe the crew stayed for filming “North by Northwest.” They say the eigth floor of the hotel is haunted.
    😉

4. kmkat says:

You'll have to translate that title — mi Espanol no es bueno
    Sent from my iPod

5. Sophanne says:

The tv show is my bedtime story every night on Netflix.

6. Gail says:

Que he hecho yo para merecer esto translates to what have I done to deserve this.

7. kmkat says:

Thanks!
    Sent from my iPad

8. I couldn’t help myself and am attaching a clip from Psycho.
    I couldn’t take a shower without looking over my shoulder for about a year.
    I don’t remember if it was HBO or SHOWTIME, one of them had a recent movie called “The Girl” which was about Tippy(?) Hedren(?) in “The Birds.” Hitch was sooo creepy. He made her repeat a scene with a real bird flying in her face all day until she was bloody. I think I could puke if I had met him in in real life.