Ten on Tuesday: pizza!

Pizza

Top Ten Toppings for Pizza.

1. Cheese. Of course, every pizza has cheese, but in my fifty years of eaten frozen pizza I have noticed that those made in Wisconsin are superior — and I noticed this long before had any connection to The Dairy State. Good cheese is essential to a good pizza.
  2. Sausage. I'm a traditionalist in this regard. Good Italian sausage is my favorite topping.
  3. Mushrooms. If I'm feeling anything but boring the second topping I request is mushrooms.
  4. Fresh tomatoes. Elder Son introduced me to this. They add a nice tomato zing.
  5. Pepperoni. Younger Son prefers pep on his pizza so it is often on the pizzas I eat.
  6. Green peppers and onions. I kinda like a nice vegie pizza sometimes — green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and fresh tomatoes.

Okay, that's it. Those are my favorite toppings. Contrary to many other parts of my personality, in pizza toppings I am narrow-minded and traditional. Others in the family like green olives and black olives and bacon and Canadian bacon on their pizzas, so I tolerate them. But the six above are my tried-and-true.

Things that I find awful on a pizza:

• Chicken. Can't understand this, chicken is great in every other format, but on a pizza? It gags me every time.
  • Shrimp. Had a shrimp pizza once. Well, one bite, then gag. Weird, cuz I love shrimp. Just not on a pizza.
  • Jalapenos. Once again, I like them in other formats but not on pizza.

Although I went [mostly] non-gluten last May, I still have pizza about once a week. Tried a gf frozen pizza, crust was blech, so we still have the regular ones.

photo credit: Amarand Agasi via photopin cc

This entry was posted in Food and Drink, Ten on Tuesday. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ten on Tuesday: pizza!

There’s nothing wrong with being a pizza purist!

2. Donna says:

I can’t seem to warm up to shrimp on pizza either. Chicken, OK. Shrimp, ehhh – not so much.

3. Heather says:

I’m firmly of the pepperoni pizza camp, though I will tolerate mushrooms with it. Or Hawaiian. But that’s it.

4. Beverly says:

I’m pretty limited about the pizza toppings I like, too!

5. Nichole says:

I find shrimp awful on pizza as well. I’ve tried… lots of times… just can’t do it!

I love Hormel turkey pepperoni and mushrooms on a fine Udi’s frozen pizza crust. 🙂

7. Jocelyn says:

I am a million times over in agreement on your pizza avoidance items. I also never need fettuccine or bbq sauce on my pizza. There are better vehicles for both!

8. Cindy G says:

I kind of like anchovies, in moderation (ducks and runs for cover.)

9. Soxanne says:

I am an olive person. And prosciutto is good too, in fact Punch has one with arugula (put on after it’s out of the oven) and prosciutto that is quite good. There used to be a place with a shrimp pesto pizza that was to die fror, but they’re no longer in business (maybe I was the only one?).
    Seems what it comes down to is that I like ’em all!