Munday mutterings. On Munday.

1. Familiar :: home
  2. Style :: fashion
  3. More than :: enough
  4. Glistening :: slippery
  5. Obstruction :: traffic construction
  6. Orifice :: spinning
  7. Hugely :: inappropriate
  8. Tempest :: teapot
  9. Sauce :: spaghetti
  10. Herbs :: green

* * * * *

In other news, gravity and I had another disagreement last Thursday. I tripped over something at the recycling center when I was running errands, ironically on my way to an ortho appointment about my hip.

Result was face>>asphalt; also, knee>>asphalt.

DSCN0372

I didn't bother to get a photo of my knee. Picture a swollen right knee with colorful bruising spread out over a larger area, and you've got it. Also, my left hand/wrist look perfectly fine but is annoyingly sore.

They x-rayed my knee when I was at the ortho ("As long as we're going to x-ray your hip…") but there was nothing broken, just soft tissue damage. "Just"? I was disappointed; anything that hurt that much deserved more than a "just".

Anyway, I'm mending. Vicodin that night, ibuprofen since.

Gravity really sucks.

Screen-capture-1

This entry was posted in Gravity and The Kat, Mutterings. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Munday mutterings. On Munday.

1. Mary Lou says:

I am sorry I laughed. I fell and twisted my ankle and scraped my elbow up badly a few weeks ago. Gravity and I have issues, too. I hate it when some ortho says ‘just’ soft tissue damage. That can take much longer than broken bones to mend.

2. Linda says:

Oh geezzz, Kat! I bet it hurts worse than it looks! So sorry; hope your feeling better and heal quickly. Have a relaxing, quiet week.

Brilliant colorway!!!! I’m so sorry, though, about the gravity. While generally a good thing, I wish it didn’t suck us down with such force. Sending healing vibes your way. XOXO

4. cursingmama says:

sweet! I hope you are telling the general public a better story to explain what happened… old football injury flare up is probably the best option ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hope the hurt heals quickly

5. NerdGirl says:

Ouch!! I’m glad nothing was broken & I hope it heals quickly.

6. TLK says:

When my friend had a double mastectomy due to a malignant tumor, the doctors biopsied various parts of the removed breasts. Her histology report on her nipple tissue read that the sample was “unremarkable”. “What do they mean, “unremarkable”! My nipples were fabulous!” was her response. Right up there with “just soft tissue damage” ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Lorette says:

You sound like me, hon. Seriously, I can trip over dust mice and hurt myself. My husband is constantly on the alert to grab sharp or dangerous objects from me in case I fall.
    That bruise is spectacular. I don’t think makeup is going to help.

8. bullwinkle says:

That is one awesome bruise ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you feel better soon.

9. Cindy G says:

Oh no! Hope the painkillers do their job.

10. Melissa says:

Sorry to hear about the tripping. Sucks so much. At least you where on the way to someone who could check you without a huge hassle. The hassle of falling is much worse without an appointment. Last time I did it I had to have a ct in addition to the x-rays to check for concussion. Blah! Hope you heal well and soon. Also that the ortho had something useful to say about the hip.

Goodness!
    I hope you feel better soon.

12. Helen says:

Dear me, be careful. we can’t have you keeling over now. Arnica is very good for bruises and sprains, either as a pill or a cream, but I’m not sure if it’s widely available in the US. It’s from a plant, so look in the herbal and homoeopathic section. We imbibe it by the bucket in the UK.

“Vicodin that night, ibuprofen since.”
    When I read that, I thought it said “Vodka that night,” and I thought, well? Why not?
    Is there a schedule to this? every 18 months or so? I hope it gets better after your bionizing.

14. Sophanne says:

Likely you realized fall is on the way….
    P.s I’m grateful for the frequency of your posts

15. Lisa says:

oh no! Iยดve used homeopathic arnica with good results for bruising…

16. =Tamar says:

Sympathy ouches. It’s the floor with me; it tips and tries to knock me sideways into the doorframe.

17. Big Alice says:

Ack! That is an impressive bruise. I’m sorry about your disagreements with gravity, and I wince in sympathy with you. Hope you heal quickly!

Ouch!! I’m extremely clumsy, so you have my sympathy. And that’s quite a shiner you have there!

19. It’s official. You are officially the most gravitationally challenged person I know! That all looks and sounds pretty painful. Feel better soon!