Bang.

Bullets.

• Elder Son is home for three weeks between summer session and fall semester at UMich. He finished med school in May and now will take a year to get a masters degree in epidemiology before he does his residency.
  • Perfect timing for his visit home.
  • Smokey was not getting better this week, actually was a bit worse.
  • We took him to the VA today for his 2-week post op checkup.
  • It was scheduled for last Monday but he didn't feel up to it.
  • He felt even worse today and complained bitterly that we forced him to go.
  • Turned out he had developed an infection in the incision.
  • He was admitted and had surgery this evening to clean out the wound.
  • Good thing we were so persistent.
  • I was so wrapped up in his care that I forgot to pay the second half of our property taxes, which was due July 31, last Tuesday.
  • Gonna do that right now, if late payments are accepted online.
  • kthxbai.
This entry was posted in Smokey back. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Bang.

1. Linda says:

So sorry to hear about Smokey, Kat. I pray he’s doing much better now. Good thing you insisted that he get checked out at the hospital. What the heck is up with these hospitals today?! A few years ago my sister had diverticulitis (sp?), had to have a good length of intestine removed. After being home for a few days she noticed a redness around the incision – and spreading. She had MRSA. Thank God the treatment corrected it before it got worse. You really have to keep an eye on things these days. “Best medical care in the world”, as the politicians would have us believe…..I don’t think so!!
    Well, that’s enough of my diatribe. Prayers go out to you all; enjoy your time with your son. Keep the faith and stay strong.

2. Mary Lou says:

Sorry for the infection, but good you were persistent. Nice to have a doctor in the house!

Hope that infections clears up and Smokey starts feeling better!!

4. Soxanne says:

Good thing Smokey has you there to crack the whip 😉 hope that’s the end of that, and it’s smooth sailing from here on out.

5. bullwinkle says:

Ou! Glad Elder Son was home (the extra persuasion couldn’t hurt, huh?)
    Hope things improve (including – those things that aren’t getting done due to all those other things that are going on!)

This is why I read backwards when I fall behind. I am so glad that you and the ES-MD made Smokey go to that appointment. I hate to think what could have happened if you had given into the unhappy Smokey.