Clockwise, from top left, posing happily with my rain gauge:
- Fingerlakes Soft Wool, worsted, 100% wool; 4 ounces, yardage unstated. Color is actually a heathery soft light brown, not gray as it appears here. Audrey had a pair of socks on on display made from these. The yarn blooms beautifully after washing and becomes very soft, and this will become a pair of bed socks for me. I have been planning to make some for two years, but the yarn I originally planned to use has gone MIA somewhere in my house. (from Fibre Functions)
- Patons Kroy sock yarn, 75/25 wool/nylon, destined to be another pair of socks for my feet. (Fibre Functions)
- Blackberry Hills Mohair Dream, 65/20/15 kid mohair/wool/nylon; 8 ounces, 625 yards. Yarn is 2-ply and seems to be DK to light worsted weight. Dreamy soft, it will become something for Younger Son's fiance Alex. Those are her colors.
- Adriafil Knitcol Trends worsted, superwash merino, self-striping; 3 skeins @ 137 yards each, to make the baby sweater pictured. I assume the yarn is from Plymouth because the pattern is from Plymouth Yarn Company, but that name does not appear on the yarn label. (Shelley's Yarn and Fiber Shoppe)
- Malabrigo Silky Merino, 51/49 merino/silk; 50g, 150 yards. This will become a scarflette for me. I never wear purply-pink colors because they make my coloring look sallow, but the non-purple parts of the skein are peachy and olive. I think it will work with my skin tone. (Even if it doesn't I'll still wear the scarf. Srsly, Malabrigo? Merino and silk? Of course I will wear it.)
- Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille, 100% cotton; 2 50g skeins, 98 yards each. The washcloths in our bathroom are at least thirty years old. 'Nuf said.
I seem to have gone on a purely unintentional yellow/orange/brown kick on this yarn hop. Those are not normally my preferred colors, but what can I say? I loved each one for itself.
And now the non-yarn part of the haul, also my favorite part of the haul: a Laurel Burch bag.
I have a ton of tote bags that I use for knitting bags, but most of them flop over when I set them down. This one is stiff and will stand up nicely. Inside it has a zipper pocket and a pouchy pocket for a cell phone. Size is too small for an entire adult sweater and rather big for a pair of socks, but perfect for anything in between. Love!