Hope.

IMG_0201

IMG_0200

IMG_0197

IMG_0199

IMG_0209

IMG_0210
Today I shook the hand of ::fingers and toes crossed, hoping:: the next governor of Wisconsin. He is Tom Barrett, mayor of Milwaukee, the tall white-haired gentleman in the blue plaid shirt in the photos above. The last photo is of Senator Herb Kohl, senior senator from Wisconsin, who accompanied him on his swing through northwest Wisconsin today. I also shook Mrs. Barrett's hand — that's her in the fourth photo.

Three days to go, and the Barrett campaign's internal polling shows the two candidates are within half a percentage point of each other. The incumbent being recalled has raised over $30 million (MILLION!), 80% of it from out-of-state; the challenger has raised $3 million. The incumbent is the only governor in the country with a legal defense fund and absolutely refuses to reveal who is funding it.

Word in the crowd was that the incumbent will be indicted on Monday.

We can only hope. And vote.

This entry was posted in Rants, various. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Hope.

1. Shirley says:

We are pulling for Barrett over here in MN too!

It’s ridiculous how much outside money gets donated to state campaigns. Scott Brown here in MA is a perfect example of that. It makes him forget who his constituents really are, that’s for sure. I hope your candidate wins!

3. Lisa says:

good lord… here’s hoping! And can you send somebody good our way too?

4. Christie says:

I would vote for Barrett if I could, but I’m on the wrong side of the river. Fingers crossed.

5. Amy says:

My fingers and toes crossed for Barrett too. Wish I could vote for him.

They’ll put off the indictment will be put off till Wednesday, so as not to seem political. And if he’s indicted, people will be less likely to go and vote for Barrett.
    I have to get to the polls early. I hope there’s a long line, and I’m late for my class.

Power to the People!
    🙂

Did he get indicted today?!?!