Ten Twelve on Tuesday, the to-do edition.

Spring in the Upper Midwest tends to occur one afternoon in May, after which we go directly into summer. The natal season seems to be lasting a bit longer this year but I don't want to take chances. I have altered the time frame a bit.

Ten Twelve Things On My 'Do By The Fourth Of July' List

1. Finish the Big Herringbone Cowl (I haven't blogged about his yet) for Alex. Ten on Tuesday
  2. Knit her cabled stockings as requested. I already have the yarn and the pattern.
  3. Start DNA scarf for Elder Son. I have the yarn but may need to revamp the pattern a bit.
  4. Clean porch so we can eat dinner there every night.
  5. Knit another Moebius cowl before I forget how to do it. The first one (not blogged yet) took roughly a day; the second will take longer because I want to make it bigger.
  6. Soak some yarn I bought several years ago to see if the dye runs; if not, cast on for the sweater that is in my head. (Also, write the pattern for said sweater. It is based on a scarf/shawl pattern but obviously needs some tweaking to become a sweater.) If the dye leaks, either figure out how to set the dye or figure out a different use for the yarn.
  7. Finish Tappan Zee sweater.
  8. Clean the entryway.
  9. Clear at least half the crappe from my desk.
  10. Finish the Noro striped scarf (also unblogged) I started for myself.
  11. Do our 2011 taxes.
  12. Cast on for another sweater in my head using the 20 balls of Noro Silk Garden I bought for it in, er, April, 2010.

This entry was posted in Big herringbone cowl, DNA scarf, knitting, Tappan Zee, Ten on Tuesday. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ten Twelve on Tuesday, the to-do edition.

1. Soxanne says:

Sooooo…..you’re an accountant, and it’s May 15th, and you haven’t done your own taxes yet?!?
    And while I understand that you’ve been busy up ’till tax day, it’s time you blog about that knitting. With photos, please.

Dinner on the porch is the best part about this time of year! Good luck with your list.

Item 0.1 – Blog about unblogged knitting.
    Please. Thank you.
    (Well, I suppose you can finish your taxes first…)

That’s a lot of unblogged knitting!!

For my sanity, I’ve started including all that time we spend waiting for spring after the snow is gone as “early spring.”
    The lilacs are fully bloomed here, and yet we had a frost advisory last night. I don’t know if we had frost. I stayed in bed because I am not in school for two days!
    Yes. Show us your knitting.

The People are clamoring. We Want Your Knitting!!! 🙂 (But I’d clean the porch first. Sitting/eating/hanging out on the porch is The Best.)

White vinegar, sweetie. Hot water, too, but the vinegar does the magic. Send up a flair if you need help.
    Lovely list! Nice to see I’m not the only knitter with unblogged projects. *L*

8. Jocelyn says:

I vote clean the porch first, so you can do all your eating, blogging, and knitting from there. And, yes, yes, we do swing wildly from Coldish to Summerish up here, don’t we? Last week was jeans…now it’s shorts…when did I get to wear my capris?

And summer has arrived with a vengeance!

10. Carrie#K says:

Do your 2011 taxes? Don’t be silly. It’s not October yet.

11. bullwinkle says:

I dare not start my list …