WIP Wednesday.

Still working on the dog sweater for Ser Perival The Energetic. I am at the part between front legs and neck and need to try it on him again to figure out the shaping.

Dog sweater.

Frogged the first Kill Bill scarf, started it again with a different pattern. Clearly, I have a ways to go.

Cinnamon grace

Tappan Zee has not glimpsed the light of day since you last saw it.

Wip tappan zee.

Cast on for a hat for BGFE. Yarn is Knit Picks Sugar Bunny, a merino-angora worsted; color (Wine) is less brick and more maroon than my photo. If you are having difficulty imagining how that strip will turn into a hat, click on the first link to look at the pattern — it is adorable.

Cloche

* * * * *

Yesterday I was a bell ringer for the Salvation Army again 3:00 to 5:00 pm in front of the local Wal*Mart. This is how it looked when I left home:

Road

19˚ F (-7˚ C), but happily there was little wind. I wore a Calorimetry, a Noro striped scarf, a turtleneck and sweater, a down parka, leggings, jeans, and snowpants; and Sorel boots. Those of you in warmer climes probably know nothing of Sorels; those of you north of the 40th parallel probably do. They are awesomely warm.

Lucy The Wonder Dog went with me. She charmed passersby, kept my legs warm, and prompted at least two people to donate. The last half hour of my two-hour shift was hard to get through because both of us were starting to get cold; I have to admit I left a couple minutes early. But my bucket got full. It was very apparent when the customers changed from home-all-day types to stopping-in-after-work types — the donations picked up noticeably. Some of the earlier people probably count on the Salvation Army for help.

Please give generously to the bell ringers you see. The Salvation Army an organization that helps the down-and-out get back on their feet.

This entry was posted in hats, knitting, Scarves, Ser Percy, Tappan Zee, Winter, Wip Wednesday. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to WIP Wednesday.

Good thing you had your Sorels! A big WOOHOO to you for ringing that bell! It’s so important to share our bounty — and especially at this time of year when it’s so cold and so dark. That hat is very cool. And I’ll bet you’re going to have lots and lots of stitches on the needles as you cover Sir Percival The Energetic’s ample chest!

2. Guinifer says:

Love to put the pocket change and spare bills into the bucket! My kids used to do it for me…

3. Carrie#K says:

OMG, I would not go out if the roads looked like that. I’d be scared to drive, for one thing. Oddly enough, I have also never heard of Sorel’s. Coincidence? I think not.
    Good for you for manning the bell! I dropped sadly very few dollars in the SA pot last night – I’m only patronizing stores that allow the SA bellringers. I can’t believe that some people are so smallminded that they don’t even like the bellringing reminder. They’re free to walk on by but I suppose that reminds them uncomfortably that there are those that are in trouble. And more of them every day lately.

4. Erika says:

Brr I got a chill just reading about it!

5. Mary Lou says:

A grrll needs her Sorels up here.

6. No need for warm boots over here. Maine seems to be the new “hot spot”. Good for you for bringing in those donations!

7. bullwinkle says:

Do you read Dances with Wool? Sometimes I think your weather is colder/windier/snowier than the Arctic Circle.
    Love your boots. Wish I needed ’em. /sigh