Housekeeping and stuff.

Mary Lou says she cannot comment on my blog. She has tried both Firefox and Explorer and neither works. (Based on that I am pretty sure she is on a PC, as MS has not supported IE for Mac in several years.) I use Chrome on a Mac so I am not much help to her.

Anyone else having problems? Ideas? You can get my email address by clicking on “About” near the top of the right-hand sidebar and hovering over the “Email Me” link.

* * *

In that same vein, I have changed my primary email account from Yahoo to Gmail. Yahoo finally gave me one too many error messages a couple weeks ago. Straw, camel’s back, etc.

If you comment here your comment will go to the new gmail account. If you have me in your address book, please update.

Thank you for your support.

* * *

Smokey bought me/us a new printer/scanner for our anniversary last month. We finally set it up last week, only to discover the computer and the new hardware would not talk to each other. Frustration followed.

This weekend Matthew The TechnoGeek Genius was here so I asked him to fix it. He spent about 30 seconds, only to come back to me and say it was working fine without him doing anything. I told him to print something from Word to be sure (that was what I had tried to do unsuccessfully). It worked fine FOR HIM.

Yay! and Grrrr! I hate when that happens — it makes me feel so stoopid, just like when I have struggled with something, usually electrical, and Smokey does EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS I DID and it works perfectly for him. Yay! and Grrr!

* * *

The new printer is an HP, and I salute that company for their packaging. Inside the carton were zero plastic bags. The printer itself was encased in a large, lightweight black reuseable tote bag labeled Ecosolutions; the cord and cartridges were in a small zipper bag of the same material. Tragically, they still used styrofoam blocks to hold the printer in place in the carton.

If this was a marketing ploy on HP’s part, it is working. I have told everyone I know about it, including all six of you 😉

* * *

Smokey just told me that it is deer season in MN. All you Minnesotans, break out your blaze orange immediately: there are people out there WITH GUNS!

* * *

Now, as a reward for wading through the above, I give you a couple screen shots I found in my blog folder. Can’t remember if I posted them before so I’ll do it now.

Screen-capture-9

Screen-capture-20

This entry was posted in Silliness, Technology and The Kat. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Housekeeping and stuff.

Hmm. So many variables re: not being able to comment on a blog… I haven’t had a problem… yet.

Put in a Help Ticket with the kids at Typepad regarding Mary Lou, sweetie. Also, if Mary Lou sees this, she should put in a Help Ticket, too. Without our commenters, we are very lonely bloggers. The Typepad kids get that. They should be able to get Mary Lou back into the land of the commenters.
    Regarding the printer, isn’t that always the way? Just be thankful the printer likes your son. ;^)
    That giant kitty photo never gets old!

Do you think Matthew could come to my house and shed a little light on why, oh why my HP printer/scanner/faxer/everything will do everything BUT scan to my Mac? Thank you. 🙂
    PS – I never have any trouble commenting. But I have noticed that when you comment on my blog, it still shows your old email address.

4. lisa says:

all SIX of us?? I swear there are technological Gremlins that only come out for some of us…

5. claire says:

HP recently updated printer driver software, my MacBookPro went and got the update automatically, so maybe that’s what happened to you too.
    I’m on Chrome too, have not had any issues commenting.
    Surely there are more than 6 of us!

6. Guinifer says:

I comment just fine from Firefox. My kids swear by Chrome – they say it’s much faster.

7. bullwinkle says:

I can comment just fine, technically speaking. Both your email addresses show up in my contacts – will fix momentarily. Despite my new iPad and iPhone (oy! the toys!) I’m a dedicated geek and use Chrome on the two other machines (that are mine) that are linux based. (But Dude fixes all the connections between machines. We work differently and its too confusing fixing my way, fixing his way, fixing back, fixing … and he’s better at it/likes it more.)
    Your HP packaging sounds like it might be a knitter’s bag 😉 gotta work the knitting in somehow.

8. Big Alice says:

HP has pulled that not-talking-to-things trick on me more than once. They’re kind of well-known for it, so don’t feel too bad.
    Safari on Mac, but not Lion Safari. ha.

9. Soxanne says:

Love the sign.
    I’m using safari on my iPad. Tomorrow I can try firefox and ie at work.

10. Jocelyn says:

Oh, yea, it’s deer season, indeed. We were out at my cousin’s place Saturday–opening day!–and his girls (ages 8 and 5) were freaked out that they were allowed to go play on their swingset without wearing blaze orange…”But, Mama, it’s not okay!” Mom assured them that it was okay to be 15 feet away from the house in non-blaze.
    What a subculture.

11. cursingmama says:

I’m commenting freely – pc in chrome

Madman has Chrome on his computer, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me want to convert from Firefox. Then again, I’m difficult to drag into tech changes. (Foot dragging, kicking and screaming. You get the picture.)
    Love that tree picture!