Ten Five Best Halloween Costumes I Have Seen.
- A couple costumed as each other, naked. Each wore a beige jumpsuit-y thing. His was adorned with large boobs and fur *down there*. Hers was, ahem, well-hung. They wore trench coats so they could flash others at the party. The best part was when someone commented that her/his, ahem, *package* was not realistically sized. She replied something that implied it was, if anything, undersized.
- My own favorite costume was being Morticia of The Addams Family. It was inspired by a slinky long black dress that I found at Goodwill. I put a temporary black rinse in my hair (which was quite long) and glued on fake fingernails. I went to an inner city K-Mart for the darkest red lipstick and nail polish I could find. The final touch was using some of the lipstick to paint on a dribble of blood from the corner of my mouth. I wore the costume to work downtown; all of us in that office, about 20, dressed up that day.
- My boss, a six-foot blond German male, dressed as Peter Pan… complete with tights and pointed cap.
- When I wore the Morticia costume to a Halloween party that year, Smokey went as Castro. He wore his own olive military shirt and jeans, sprayed black dye on his hair and beard, and wore a full face mask. It was hilarious when he would take off the mask… and STILL look like Fidel.
- When #2 son was in middle school he had me make him a hooded black robe like the Nasgûl wore in the Lord of the Rings movies (although I read somewhere that the movie robes each had something like 35 yards of fabric; I told him his would NOT have $120 worth of fabric). A sapling he cut in the woods was his staff. The best part was that he had found a deer skeleton in the woods; he strung the rib bones on a necklace of twine and hung a few more from the end of his staff.
I am so lame at this ten thing. Can never come up with ten anything…