Soxanne posted a list of her likes and dislikes yesterday. I commented that it should be a meme. She tagged me.
- Those who criticize oddball things others have created by saying,"They have too much time on their hands." Those being criticized are generally making or doing the kind of things that make life more fun; those doing the criticizing are often doing the opposite.
- Nasal noises. Blow your damn nose, I say.
- The neighbor who shamelessly steals our wireless internet every weekend but reports us (repeatedly) to anyone who will listen about Smokey's somewhat excessive number of cars on our property. Fwiw, he (neighbor) put in an illegal outhouse on his property.
- People who park their behemoth vehicles — 4WD pickups, Ford Expeditions, Lexus SUV, etc — weirdly in the parking ramp, thus depriving the rest of us of at least two and maybe three parking spaces.
- Having a job and responsibilities. It seriously cuts into my knitting time.
- The way Adobe Acrobat at work likes to crash when I have four or five documents open for markup. Ditto, "Microsoft Outlook has stopped working." "Internet Explorer has stopped working." Can I say, "kmkat has stopped working" and just leave for the day? No. Microsoft, make your programs do the damned job.
- Eighty degree days in October. Seventy degrees, okay; eighty, not. (see below; soxanne mentioned this one, too)
- (edited to ad) The new Yahoo, which locks up repeatedly both on my PC at work and on my Mac at home. Grrr.
Things I like:
- Crisp fall air and fall colors.
- The cat snuggling up next to my face in the mornings.
- Honeycrisp apples.
- The internetz.
- One of my boys calling or texting or emailing me.
- Scent of lilacs, aspen trees, rain, warm grass, wood smoke.
- Snow that squeaks when I walk on it.
- Sound of loons calling.
- Sleeping in my own bed.
- Coffee in the morning, wine in the evening, Coke Zero anytime.
- My iPod Touch (cracked screen and all).
- Being alive to enjoy it all (in spite of the pet peeves).
I trust that you are all sufficiently non-saintly to have an interesting list of pet peeves.