Mouse (continued).

Guess who does not like flies?

Lucy The Wonder Dog didn't mind the mousie in the van; she would have chased it for hours if she could. But the late-summer bloom of flies bugged her (heh, I crack myself up) until she found a den in which to hide.

Fortress Doggie

She crawled under the bed. Here you see her looking slightly annoyed that we opened the back door and revealed her hiding spot — what if a fly gets in?

* * * * *

We used to go camping with a camping trailer, but it has been sitting unused for a couple years. Smokey and Matthew opened it up last weekend to get some stuff out of it.

What is Matthew photographing with his phone?

DSCN0121

DSCN0122

DSCN0128

DSCN0126

It was kind of sad; those baby mice are never going to achieve self-actualization. But Mrs. Mother Mouse and her friends had chewed several holes in the canvas sides of the trailer, leading Smokey to decide he would not even try to sell the thing.

Free to good home: one camping trailer. Needs some repair.

This entry was posted in Animals. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Mouse (continued).

1. Linda says:

We had a similar incident some years ago – found babies in the corner behind our dresser! OMG! Now I’ve got the heebie jeebies!! I gotta go check all the closets, behind the furniture, under cabinets and yes — the camper!! LOL!!

Now THAT would freak me out a bit! I usually find tell-tale mouse poop. . . but I’ve never found little mousie-babies. . .

3. Erika says:

Ugh, mice are even worse in their larval stage.

4. Sophanne says:

The music store that recycled the old school piano found something similar. Better them than me-I got rid of it none too soon!

5. sparrowgrass says:

Lucy and my Mink dog could hang out together. Horse flies scare him to death, and it takes strong words to get him outside for a bathroom break in the summer.

6. Carleen says:

Last year I was cleaning the garage out with a neighbor man when I picked up an overturned old coffee can. Underneath was a mouse with a baby half out and half in! OMG!!!!! I screamed, the mouse ran, she lost her baby as she ran, but came back later for it – as my neighbor said it would. Then she tried to get away with the baby and was caught by an ambitious cat. Yuck! Oh what a bad experience!