Souvenir yarn.

DSCN0002 The interior of Knitty City, LYS of Kay Gardiner.

DSCN0036    DSCN0035
Not only do they have lots of yummy yarn, they give great bag.

In my bag were the following delights:

DSCN0040
 Two skeins of Koigu KPPPM in the imaginatively named 720, destined to become a Baktus for me. When I did a pattern search for Baktus, though, I found that there are a number of scarves that would be fun to make with this. Stay tuned.

DSCN0047
One skein, 700 yards of Schaeffer Audrey laceweight, 50/50 merino/silk, in the rather more imaginatively named Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. This stuff is to die for and will become some sort of scarfy-shawly thing for me.

DSCN0044
Two skeins of Alchemy Silk Purse in copper. Also to die for and also destined for some sort of scarfy thing for me.

This entry was posted in New York City, Travel, Yarn. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Souvenir yarn.

Perfect souvenirs! I’m coveting that Elisabeth Kubler-Ross!!! It’s GORgeous!

Ha. You funny.
    But really, I think you should let me hold on to that Alchemy for you. I don’t have any pets, so it would be safe from roaming cats, and I promise I won’t knit it into anything. I’ll just take it out and look at it sometimes. (This ploy will work someday. I know it will.)
    Are these new colorways for you?

3. Erika says:

Wow, those are really pretty!
    I don’t think it’s so unusual to name a yarn Elizabeth Kubler-Ross. I think about her every time I have to rip something back. [comedy trumpet]

4. tammy says:

Mmmmmm, all those soft and lovely things in such pretty colours.

Well done!
    Isn’t the Alchemy fabulous?

6. bullwinkle says:

I luv souvenir yarn! You get fond memories of your trip every time you knit and every time you wear it. Nice colorways – all coppery subdued neutrals. Are you trying to tell us something?

7. Carrie#K says:

Oooh, 720! Pretty mix of colors described so elegantly.
    They DO give good bag!

8. Linda says:

Wow! What beautiful yarn! Looks like your mojo will be in high gear! Enjoy.

I never would have gotten past the book-wall…
    Pretty yarns!

10. Cathy-Cate says:

To die for, ar ar ar!
    All very lovely, and wonderful souvenir yarn! Wise choices, weedhopper! (And you limited yourself to one (great) bag, too. Well done!)