Ten Things On My Nightstand/Bedside Table.
- Books! My nightstand/bedside table is a six-foot-tall bookshelf so this not surprising. I keep one spot open for the stack of TBR books from the library. This spot is ALWAYS full.
- Alarm clock. Sad but true.
- Remote control for my bedside floor lamp, whose own switch is on its base and difficult to access.
- Coaster for my nightly glass (or two) of wine.
- Various creams — a couple prescription cortisone ones, a small jar of Mentholatum, a small jar of Vicks, a bottle of Kiss My Face! lavender-scented hand lotion. The latter is not a particularly good moisturizing lotion, but I loved the fragrance when I found it. Probably will not buy it again. Update: it appears not to be available any more. Guess I was not the only one who found it ineffective.
- Mug containing bookmarks, a pen, a pencil, and an emery board. You would not believe how often I need that emery board.
- Floss picks. Ditto.
- IPod Touch. This is where I charge it every night. I catch up on Twitter and play a few word games before sleep. This has cut tragically into my reading time.
- A couple pairs of fingerless gloves. Our bedroom is cold because we like it that way, but my hand get cold whilst reading or iPod Touching. It was cold enough earlier this winter that I needed TWO pairs of fingerless gloves.
- Control for my adjustable bed. This actually hangs from the arm of the bedside floor lamp. We inherited two adjustable beds from Smokey's parents; he used his for a while but never cared for the mattess. I, on the other hand, adore it for reading in bed. The memory foam mattress with which we replaced the original sucks rocks but I will never give up the adjustable bed.
This entry was posted in Ten on Tuesday
. Bookmark the permalink