Mugsy.

I read Helen's post a few days ago and really, really, really liked the mug she got, so I googled "mug knit on with confidence" and found this site. I didn't find one with the Zimmerman quote, but I only looked through the first ten (!) pages of mugs. (Apparently they have more than 1,200 mugs about knitting or other fibery craft.)

Some of my favorites:

Screen-capture-1 Screen-capture-2

Screen-capture-5   Screen-capture-9

Other favored captions:

• "'Heirloom' is knitting code for 'The pattern is so difficult that you would consider death a relief.'" –Stephanie Perl-McPhee
  • The ever-classic "Got yarn?"
  • "If I am sitting, I am knitting." (This one is absolutely true for me.)
  • No caption, just a Mona Lisa holding her knitting.
  • "Knitter by day, rock star by night."

p.s. The Google finally led me to Etsy, where the original mug can be found. Tragically, it sold last March.

This entry was posted in Food and Drink, knitting, Silliness. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Mugsy.

1. claire says:

I love these. Sadly I DO have too many mugs. And no, I don’t think I have too much yarn.

2. Kirstie says:

I love looking through all the knitting paraphernalia online. TopatoCo has lots of fun stuff, too.
    The EZ mug is still (or again?) available here. Her fibre animal charm bracelet is adorable, too.

3. Cindy G says:

Too many mugs here, too, though several of those are extremely tempting. Now I only wish I could find a similar variety of knitting themed rubber stamps.

GREAT mugs. I’ll take one of each, please.

5. Helen says:

She’s got another one listed http://www.etsy.com/listing/64344924/mug-for-knitters-elizabeth-zimmermannn She makes them to order too… I’ve been combing through Cafe Press lately, looking for a new mug, but you’ve given me a lot more to think about šŸ™‚

Hmm. I’ll have to remember this when next I break a favorite mug (it WILL happen).

7. Amanda says:

I definitely don’t need any mugs, but now I want some of these! ī•

8. Carrie K says:

I really like the Keep Calm one!

9. Helen says:

Oh fine….
    now I’m coveting more mugs! We so do NOT need more mugs.