Random Sunday.

The number of spam e-mail messages circulating on the Internet at the end of December tumbled after the world’s largest spamming operation mysteriously went dark on Christmas Eve.

Study linking childhood vaccinations with autism was complete and utter fraud. (Duh.) In 2008, for the first time in 14 years, measles was declared endemic in England and Wales. I'm pretty sure there is a special place in hell for Andrew Wakefield.

* * * * *

* * * * *

I recently set my computer wallpaper to change every minute to a different photo from my pictures folder, and I copied over a huge bunch of my photos there. It has been quite pleasant to see photos I had forgotten about (if the photo doesn't go onto the blog it slips from my memory). Sharing the fun: gonna post one some of those random photos here occasionally.

IMG_1160
Antelope grazing with suburban Buffalo, WY in the background.

IMG_2214
I went to the November meeting of the MN Knitters' Guild,
where Annie Modesitt was the speaker.
These are her designs that she discussed.
The red bolero-type jacket is actually felted

IMG_2088
Temp was -9˚ F. this morning.
This photo, taken at the convention center in Milwaukee in September,
seemed appropriate.

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous, Photography, Rants, various, YouTube. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Random Sunday.

Mysteriously? Ok, that’s weird. I thought there must’ve been a huge raid on a spam center…

2. Susan says:

I just love going back over the photo’s I have taken. At times the changes are startling and sometimes seeing a face of one so dear makes my heart ache from pain of missing them, and others makes me laugh out loud with joy.

3. Amanda says:

I’m pretty sure I’m going to join a guild near me. Have you done the master knitting program? Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics 🙂

4. Mary Lou says:

I can’t figure out what Wakefield’s motivation was, perhaps I haven’t read closely enough.
    On the other hand, I am suspicious about all the mercury in my head.

Wouldn’t it be nice if all the hackers out there would target spammers rather than innocents?

6. soxanne says:

Sorry I missed that Guild meeting … love, love, love the Laura Ingalls Wilder quote on the wall (it’s warmed up here – 16 degrees right now).

I think there will be a special place for him in Hell. There sort of has to be. Don’t you think?
    Minus what?! o.O

8. Carrie K says:

Minus??
    The horrible things people will do. I wonder what his motivation was?
    Mysterious or not, I hope it’s dark for good.