Ten on Tuesday, the vacation edition.

Ten Dream Vacations.

1. Tahiti or pretty much any other South Sea island. 10 on Tuesday
  2. Camping in the Florida Keys in February.
  3. Cruise from Seattle to Alaska.
  4. Europe, with a concentration on the Louvre and the Uffizi and Rome and Florence and perhaps the Prado; I have a degree in art history but have never been to any of them. (This vacation would have to involve a personal attendent to wait on me and push my wheel chair 🙂 b/c it would be too exhausting otherwise.)
  5. Washington DC (can you believe it? I have never been there).
  6. Provence or Tuscany for the food and wine.

Sorry, I couldn't come up with a full ten. I could name other places that could be fun if I had to, but, really, any trip that involves a lot of downtime in a nice climate is my dream vacation.

This entry was posted in Ten on Tuesday, Travel, Vacation. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ten on Tuesday, the vacation edition.

1. sparrowgrass says:

I’ll go with you on the boat to Alaska. I would also like to take the train across Canada.
    I used to want to raft the Grand Canyon, but until my knee feels better, I will put that on hold.

I took a cruise from Alaska to Seattle. Of course, it was in ’61 and it wasn’t a cruise ship but a mail boat, and Ketchican wasn’t a glitsy tourist stop but a funky harbor town complete with rough-looking bars and probably prostitutes, but I was seven and it all was exciting as all-get-out. I still have all the touristy pamphlets my family gathered up, and my mother’s diary where she complained about the high cost of hamburger – 25 cents! But, yeah, we stuck all six of us in a Volkswagon bus and went cross-country.
    Now you have to pay good money to have an adventure like that.

The Prado is totally worth the trip to Spain. Not to mention the amazing food/people/weather. Not that I’m biased or anything…

I’d like to go to Australia someday. (Sheep!) And the cruise to Alaska is tempting.
    So my list would only be two…

5. bullwinkle says:

Bloom where you are planted. (No need to have a long list. I’m just an albatross at heart.)

6. soxanne says:

I agree with Cookie – the Prado is worth it. And then you can hop over to the Reina Sofia to see Guernica and the Thyssen for a great overview of Western art from the Middle Ages to Modern. They are all manageable size, so all you have to do is spend a week in Madrid and go to one museum every other day. (the off days you can sit in cafes and eat fabulous food)