Ten on Tuesday, the refrigerator edition.

(I am typing this on a free, public access computer in the middle of the exhibitor hall at the annual conference of the Wisconsin Counties Association. The purported reason for these free computers is for participants to check their email. But since a large percentage of the attendess are on the downhill side of 70, the computers are not terribly busy. So I will take this opportunity to post.)

Ten Things That Are In My Refrigerator Right Now

1. Milk, 2%, some portion of a gallon.
  2. Large chunk of bleu cheese.
  3. Catsup.
  4. Mustard.
  5. Jalapenos.
  6. Klausen dills.
  7. Pickle relish.
  8. Romaine lettuce.
  9. Mushrooms that were fresh when I bought them but that are probably a slimy mess by now.
  10. Several plastic refrigerator dishes containing things that were once food but are now an ongoing experiment in mold culture.

I am 300+ miles away from my refrigerator. But these are things that are ALWAYS present. Especially #10.

This entry was posted in Ten on Tuesday. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ten on Tuesday, the refrigerator edition.

Guilty of #10, as well. Some of those science experiments have been around long enough that they’re starting to develop their own civilizations…

We usually have at least one or two unidentifiable “things” in our fridge, too. Sometimes we play “Guess What This Was”. . .

3. Lucia says:

Your #10 and mine are serendipitously the same. If serendipity can have anything to do with such science projects.

Now I want bleu cheese. /sigh

5. lisa says:

We generally have #10. #9 for us is a whole shelf full of paper bags of mushrooms DH collects and brings home… some last, some slime away. He keeps some to try to identify, others to dry when the dryer is ready, and some to eat. Like the hen of the woods… must.make.soup.

6. tinebeest says:

Ooh I think I need some bleu cheese in my fridge too. Can’t complain about the Dutch cheeses so far, must try to score a blue one on the market on Saturday!

7. Carrie K says:

Where would science be without #10? I believe we owe it as citizens of the world.

8. I have things in the back of my fridge that could be considered sentient life forms. I cannot throw them away for fear of criminal charges. It’s a dilemma!